IT'S SATURDAY: What ya brewin'?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eschatz

Reaction score
As I will be spending the whole freaking day with the SWMBO going to a wedding I will not be participating in the brethren of Saturday Brewers. (dont worry, I'll take my frustrations out on the open bar) :D

Someone tell me what they're up to today.:mug:

A pinot grigio pyment (mead), from an ancient wine kit that was kicking around in the back of the LHBS. A new guy came in and bought the place, discovered the old kits, made a mead with it, and let me taste it. Had I not tasted it, I would have thought it was impossible to use this kit for anything other than pouring out. Now I've got a nice big fermentor with iodaphor, 8 lbs of honey, and a dusty ol jug of juice just begging to be combined.

I made a cider yesterday (2/3 from concentrate, 1/3 NOT from concentrate), and I've got a pack of wine yeast and two packs of notty begging for dance partners. We'll see what ends up happening.

I just got to a rolling boil with a Belgian White. Never brewed one of these before so I figured what the hell and grabbed the ingredients last night.

:ban:

IF the world cooperates...I'm kegging the 2 ESB Experiment and my amber cream. Then I'll have room for BM's Centennial Blond and A Mild from the 10der and Mild thread.

IF not....I'm temporarily giving up my man card.

Just about to start a Hefeweizen. Looking to have one more keg on tap for Thanksgiving, so going with a quick turnaround beer.

Put the airlocks on 10 gallons of ordinary bitter @ 2:45 am this morning.

Starting to show signs of life...

wish I were. :cross:

Hope to bottle some experimental 1 gallon homegrown hops batches today at some point. If I earn some family credits. :eek:

Just pitched the yeast into AHS Holiday Ale. I was placing an order from them last week and thought that their winter seasonal sounded good. It would sound better if I waited a week and received 10% off :mug:

I would love to be brewing, but I will be up on the roof winterizing the swamp cooler and replacing some shingles.................:(

With a little luck, maybe tomorrow.

Kegging 10 gallons of cream ale, then brewing a Weizenbock. Possibly taking a ride to the LHBS to pick up ingredients for a big brew next weekend. Belgian golden strong ale fermented in apple brandy barrels!

15 minutes ago I doughed in the grains for a Chocolate Coffee Stout and am heating up the sparge water.

I've got two fermenters open, so I might try a SMaSH with some challenger I recently bought, just to get to know this new-to-me hop.

Mmmm Challenger screams English Bitter, BB. Gotta love the british hops!

Me, no brewing today. Football, then a pirate party in the evening. I need to go put the apple concentrate into my Apple Pie Amber though.

Mmmm Challenger screams English Bitter, BB. Gotta love the british hops!

Me, no brewing today. Football, then a pirate party in the evening. I need to go put the apple concentrate into my Apple Pie Amber though.

Most definately! I'm still pretty new to homebrewing, and have spent most of my time in American brews. I want to do a proper English ale and I'm going to probably play around with the hop schedule to get the whole range - bittering, aroma boil additions and dry hopping.

When I have that figured out, I'll spring for some marris otter and do it right.:mug:

What is the brewing of which you speak? Sadly, I think I brewed my last for awhile two weeks ago. Maybe when I get a break around Christmas I'll fire some up.

I'm jealous of you all.

I'm watching yeast multiply. I try to always propagate up my yeast for the pitch. I'll have a liter of Edme tomorrow to pitch in an ESB of my own recipe, to be hopped with my own hop crop. :mug:
I have an amber to bottle, and hard cider in the primary.... :rockin:
I love makin' tasty beverages! :cross:

I brewed the Vertical Epic '08 recipe last night. I hope to make it out to Iron Hill this afternoon and check out the homebrew comp. I've got six beers entered. My first comp.

I made my starter on Wednesday, planning to brew my Fat Sam recipe today. Unfortunately on Thursday, I started feeling under the weather. By today I'm realizing that I may have the flu for the first time in my life. I'm only up for maybe 1/2 hour or so at a time, and feel like I want to die the rest of the time.

Even my unobservant husband said to me last night, "Man, you're SICK!" as I laid on the couch and he drank beer. He said that's the first time he's seen me lie down on the couch, and I think he's right. My hyperactive body has quit on me.

When I come back to life, though, I'll brew with that starter, and maybe make a double brew day. I have ingredients for an SNPA clone, too, and I'd love to use some homegrown cascades.

Hope you feel better soon, Yooper!! I'll drink one (or maybe six) for ya! ;) ... :drunk:

Almost done mashing my Celis White (Belgian Wit) clone.

This weekend I'll be bottling my 666 oaked tripel and moving the 999 to a carboy so I can oak that bad boy next week...

Just finished brewing an AHB West Coast Pale Ale extract kit. This was my second brew day ever, and it went very well!

Big thanks to everyone at HBT for helping me make my first brew a success. It wasn't incredible, but I know exactly what I did wrong, so I have high hopes for this next brew.

I'm brewing my Sorachi Slam, a pale ale made with, you guessed it, Sorachi Ace. Also this is my first time using Maris Otter malt.

I brewed the Vertical Epic '08 recipe last night.
How'd it go? This recipe's got to go to the top of my "Future Brews" list.

I brewed the Vertical Epic '08 recipe last night. I hope to make it out to Iron Hill this afternoon and check out the homebrew comp. I've got six beers entered. My first comp.
Six! Damn, that's half a case. I'd hate to part with that much HB. Did you make it to Iron Hlll? How'd you make out?

Brewed a slightly tweaked version of the Edmund Fitzgerald Porter clone yesterday. Pitched a starter of wyeast 1098 and it was bubbling within a couple hours. This morning it's going gangbusters! Hope it's happy enough to dry that sucker way out.

As soon as I sober up and get some coffee in me, I'm going to do a tweaked batch of my brown ale recipe...I'm going to see what a pound of rauchmalt will do to the complexity of it...

Gotta love the cluck-cluck-cluck sound of an active blow-off in the morning. Might be the cooler weather, but got less boil off and ended up with six gallons in a 6 1/2 gallon carboy. Between that and the huge slurry this thing will blow in no time.

5.0 lbs Pale Wheat – BestMalz (GER)
3.5 lbs Pilsner – Weyermann (GER)
2.0 lbs Flaked Wheat – Oio (CAN)
.5 lbs Acidulated Malt - Weyermann (GER)
.5 oz American Tettnang Hop Pellets – Alpha 4.2% FWH
.5 oz American Tettnang Hop Pellets – Alpha 4.2% 15 minutes
Wyeast 3068 Weihenstephan Weizen 3rd Generation
90 minute boil

First time using the Tettnang won from Bobby_M's hop lottery. The aroma was fantastic. Can't wait to taste the results!

Hefe4.jpg

I hobbled around (did some bridge repairs Friday & tore a few muscles) and made the RMP clone. Instead of Amarillo and Horizon, I took an ounce of Nuggett and boiled it in 2 quarts of water for 5 minutes; then put them in the kettle. The hop water went in the fridge and got added to the fermenter with the yeast.

I'm doing a nice Czech Pilsner today..It's beautiful Sunday, with temps in the 50's and tons of sun.. Can't get any better than that...

I am brewing Orfy's Hobgoblin clone at the moment. This is my 2nd all grain and has been by far the most enjoyable session yet! I really don't miss using extract at all. The all grain approach is very zen like where when I was using extract I was a bit of a basket case... Though I think the expierence I gain each time has made it more relaxing.

Back