Beer of the month club

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lackofstyl

Reaction score
Has anyone tried this before? I got this for a gift and the first shipment is in Jan. Just wondering if it will be any good. Although it is free beer, so it cant be too bad.

I participated in a Beer of the month club back in the 1991-1992. I was the hot ticket at the time when the craft beer scene was exploding like wort through an airlock. It was great try many obscure American craft beers (think early 90's) at the time.
I think I paid 26.95 per month for a 12 pack of two different sixers.

With so many craft brewers, and the availability of craft beer on the market by today's standards, I would say cut out the middle man, as you are better off finding a really good package store and dropping that ching for stuff that you really want to try.

But hey for free beer. you can't go wrong:ban:

Heh..nothing there looks free.. 30 bucks a month or more for a 12 pack??

I just bought 4x 18 packs of "Best of Belgium" at BJ's.. It's 3 six packs in one box - 17.99.. Lefe, Hoegarrden, and Stella.. My new favorite beer is Hoegarrden.. My local liquor store hooks me up since I'm there almost every day grabbing at least a 22oz.. I took home six 6 packs for 6.99 each.. 40 n change.. I got enough who gar den to last me till next week! haha (joke, I only have a few a night)..

El_Borracho said:

I just bought 4x 18 packs of "Best of Belgium" at BJ's.. It's 3 six packs in one box - 17.99.. Lefe, Hoegarrden, and Stella..

While I like two of those beers quite a bit, I wouldn't call any of them craft beers

rdwj said:
While I like two of those beers quite a bit, I wouldn't call any of them craft beers

You're correct sir. I have zero craft brew selection down here in Miami.

So this is really the best way to get craft brew for someone like me?

El_Borracho said:

I don't know, but it's "A" way to do it.

How do these companies get around shipping restrictions? I always thought sending beer via mail was technically a no-no.

El_Borracho said:

I wouldn't say that. You can start here:

Florida Brewers Guild

Then if you have the money to burn on mail-order beer then these guys are a great supplier of a ton of beer and they ship just about anywhere:

Liquid Solutions

Don't know exactly where you are in Miami but these places aren't too far:

Titanic Brewery

Gordon Biersch (This one is a chain, but at least they brew on premises)

And if I remember right Ybor City, now the FLorida Beer Co. distributes all over Florida.

Cheers

El_Borracho said:
He got it as a gift, so whoever actually gets the gift as a result will enjoy some free beer.
lackofstyl said:
I got this for a gift and the first shipment is in Jan. Just wondering if it will be any good. Although it is free beer, so it cant be too bad.

WOP31 said:
I wouldn't say that. You can start here:

Florida Brewers Guild

Then if you have the money to burn on mail-order beer then these guys are a great supplier of a ton of beer and they ship just about anywhere:

Liquid Solutions

Don't know exactly where you are in Miami but these places aren't too far:

Titanic Brewery

Gordon Biersch (This one is a chain, but at least they brew on premises)

And if I remember right Ybor City, now the FLorida Beer Co. distributes all over Florida.

Cheers

Sweet, I sort of dislike the GB atmosphere but I worked in the same building...so it was the happy hour spot from 2001-2004.. Hops is also another restaurant that brews.. Wasn't aware of the other ones, thanks!

I've found this article kind of late but the SWMBO and I were recently in Palm Beach this summer and we ended up finding two great places for craft beer and food!

Big Bear Brewing Company and Brewzzi's Bistro.

Brewzzi's had some top knotch beers I was really impressed.
Got to talking to the brewmaster there and got a free pint of their Bohemian Pilsner prior to it being filtered :tank:

Back