Dosing a keg with Brett

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelersrbrun

Reaction score
Have a triple that is good but I want to dose it with Brett to make it something that may be great. If I dose my keg, is that corney dedicated to only Brett beers or will it be fine with PBW, star san and gasket replacement.

as long as you practice good sanitation you don't have to worry about Brett contaminating the next beer that goes in that keg. Brett is a yeast not an evil spirit star san will kill it. i brew with Brett all the time and have lost track of which siphons, fermentors or other equipment has been used with Brett.

Does that apply equally to the English Brett? I'm thinking of dosing an Old Ale and letting it sit a year.

I usually run Star San through a keg as soon as I empty it and rinse, then again just before use. I assume with Brett, I'd better go the extra step of disassembling the posts etc.?

As was stated before, brett is just a yeast and should be treated as such. Normal cleaning / sanitizing is fine. When you start adding lacto, pedio, etc that's a little different.

if you do want to replace seals and deep clean the keg it certainly won't hurt, my point is that you don't have to treat brett any different than any other yeast.

Back