South East Wisconsin Brew Together

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sause

Steel Comma Ale & Lagery
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just to let some more people know Cookiebaggs has opened up his shop on the 21st of Feb. to us to run amuk and make some beer. All are welcome (if you like beer) to join us. If you have the ability to brew outside you are all set to brew comma if you aren't then join us to drink some great beer.:mug:

There will be more details in the SEWAGE group as the time get near.

On a personal note I've done this a couple times already and let me say these were probably the best time I've had brewing ever. Also since were in the area we might hit up the local (and best) bars in southern Wisconsin after we all get done brewing.:rockin:

I'll be there one way or another. Let me know if any one needs some 2-row. Last time it was $25.60 a bag. Where we going afterward? Uncle Mikes in Kenosha has about a 200 beer list. Its right on the frontage road close to Highway 50.

gonna try to be there, truck died so I had to replace it . . .

025.jpg

gonna be pulling some extra shifts to help pay for that now

I wish I could be there! This working every day, all day, is starting to get on my nerves. It totally interferes with my brewing and drinking life.

I can't make it down this time. I'm committed this weekend at the USA National Pond Hockey Championships in Eagle River and have to work all next week to make up for the time away.

Have fun, and take lots of pictures for me!

As many of you know, I've been laid off for about a week now. To my boss's credit, he has been scrounging the dumpsters to find all of us work. In fact, I'm amazed that I was able to keep working as long as I did. Anyway, I just got off the phone with him. They picked up a job that'll give me about three days' worth of work. And it is NEXT WEEKEND!!!!! AUUUUUGGGGHHHH!!!!! Not only does only three days' worth of work totally fcku up things unemployment-wise, but now I can't go to the brew day!!!! I can't say no; you just don't turn down work, it doesn't happen. I'm glad for the work, honest, but what rotten timing. I've been looking forward to that day for a couple months. Time to start drinking.:mad:

I was thinking the same thing Jeff.

What works for everyone? I was thinking about starting at 8 so I can finish at a decent time.

If it's open to me, I'd like to check it out. I'm not sure I'd be there to brew but I'd love to stop in and see how the professionals do it. Who do I need to get in touch with to find out where?

thanks

cz

If it's open to me, I'd like to check it out. I'm not sure I'd be there to brew but I'd love to stop in and see how the professionals do it. Who do I need to get in touch with to find out where?

thanks

cz

You are more than welcome to stop by and hang out.

I'll PM you the address.

I will not be brewing, but would like to come by and meet some fellow hbters as well as get a better handle on all grain.

I PM'ed you the address.

Looking forward to Saturday. Shaping up to be a good time. I need to put a few brews into the cooler! :mug:

I wanted to bump this to the top.

It looks lke we have a winter storm warning up for 3AM Saturday morning to 6PM Saturday night. 5-8 inches with higher accumulations South and closer to the lake. (Where I am.)

Fear not! The brew day is still on. I will be there at 8:00. You can count on it. So if it takes you guys awhile to get here, that's OK.

It does appear that once again I will not be able to attend. I have been called in to a client who's entire system is down. The whole system crashed at about 9:45, I figure it will be a good chuck of time to fix 6 servers and 2 mail servers.

I really need a raise for this crap!

Thanks to all that came to brew beer and hang out! I had a blast.

It was a great way to spend a snowy day. Brewing beer, drinking a little beer and BS'ing a bunch. New Glarus iced barleywine is some pretty tasty brew!

Short Drive brewed 10 gallons of an American pilsner.

Sause brewed 5 gallons of a Belgian style.

Bernie Brewer brewed 5 gallons of Octoberfest.

And I brewed 10 gallons of Maibock.

It was nice to meet Chris Z and his two boys. Could you think of a better place for a 4 and 8 year old to hang out than a cookie factory?

Bernie setting up.
DSC01165.JPG

Bernie's "Linus" mash tun.
DSC01164.JPG

Sause crushin' da grain.
DSC01166.JPG

Short drive describing his setup to Chris Z and oldest son.
DSC01167.JPG

Thanks again, cookie! What fun!

Cookiebaggs and his awesome steam setup!

SEWAGE 09 001.JPG

Short Drive is gonna be here a while......
SEWAGE 09 002.JPG

and he can't brew until he puts together his brand new burner.

SEWAGE 09 003.JPG

Sause is banished to the corner!

SEWAGE 09 004.JPG

Short drive must have his stuff together, he's brewin'!

SEWAGE 09 009.JPG

Short Drive's final product. Looks tasty!

SEWAGE 09 011.JPG

Chris Z and his two apprentice brewers.

SEWAGE 09 010.JPG

Back