Stuck fermentation.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schwibbidy

Reaction score
I had a stuck fermentation on my brew with an OG of 1.044 and I'm looking for a FG of close to 1.006 but I'm stuck at 1.020 after 10 days so i shook it around (the temp is at a constant 66-68 degrees) and at day 11 it still wasn't moving downside I pitched another full packet of dry yeast (same amount as originally pitched)

Question is.... How long do I keep it going in my fermenter after the 2nd pitch? Another 2 weeks?

Yes it was extract with steeping grains I followed palmers book to a T, I moved my fermenter to a warmer room after the 2nd day of fermentation and lost my krausen. It continued to bubble for a few more days but stopped a few days ago.

it's probably done, not unusual for extract beer to end at 1020, in fact there are numerous threads here about the 1020 curse. more yeast probably won't help.

What yeast and what were the steeping grains?

That will give us an idea if your beer has reached its final gravity or not

image-4245326285.jpg

Here is the recipe I brewed

Agreed. Dark lme and crystal 120 is asking for it. Next time try light lme or dme and some some candi syrup for the carmel flavor if youre shooting for a low fg

Latest posts

Back