Crisp Malts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thunder

Reaction score
Who sell a full line of "crisp" brand malts.I noticed that nbrewer and others
just carry Marris Otter and maybe one other type.I am looking for someone that sells a full line of the brand crystals,chocolates etc.:tank:

Thanks in advance!

Midwest Supplies carries at least some of them (the lighter ones it appears). I know they have the Amber, CaraGold, and Caramalt and their Maris Otter is Crisp. For most of the darker british malts it seems they carry Simpsons. Midwest usually has good prices on malt but they don't have low, flat-rate shipping.

Northern Brewer carries a lot of British malts.
Crisp - Amber, brown, maris.
Fawcett - Halcyon, Optic, pale chocolate, oat malt
Simpsons - Caramalt, medium crystal, dark crystal, extra dark crystal, chocolate, roasted barley, black malt, Golden Promise, golden naked oats, peated

Thanks for all the answers i found that brewers supply group has a full line of crisp
products.Has anyone ever bought from them? will they sell by the pound or 55lbs
at a time?

Thanks for all the answers i found that brewers supply group has a full line of crisp
products.Has anyone ever bought from them? will they sell by the pound or 55lbs
at a time?

Not sure Brewers Supply Group sells to the public. I think they are more a distributor. I could be wrong.

The lack of prices or store info makes me believe they only cater to pro brewers.

You are correct. They do not sell to homebrewers, only to us pros.They use to
list their prices on-line, but they removed them, because they told me that they
were getting to many angry calls from homebrewers, after seeing how much they
were paying compared to retail shop's. Now I have them E-mail me a list every month
to keep check of my prices. Cheers!!!!

i will probadly go with simpson stock at many locations so i can brew my irish red ale 1-23-10
.[/QUOTE]

is there a reason you're looking for only Crisp malts? there are so many maltsters with basically identical products, it seems like splitting hairs.

is there a reason you're looking for only Crisp malts? there are so many maltsters with basically identical products, it seems like splitting hairs.

Because that is what we brewers do best. Split hairs. Don't hate on the guy for having a specific liking to a certain product. I use Briess but, that is only because taht is all I can get local. There are much better malts available.

Because that is what we brewers do best. Split hairs. Don't hate on the guy for having a specific liking to a certain product. I use Briess but, that is only because taht is all I can get local. There are much better malts available.

Could not have said it better thanks!:mug:

Have you ever had a cuban cigar? does it taste the same as say a
dominican? answer no!
Different areas of the world produce different malts due to their climate
soil,processes to produce the finished product.

Latest posts

Back