Stop it with the "F" Bombs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smurf all you all. I'm off to a Smurfing stupid Christmas party. Merry smurfin' Christmas and a happy Smurfin' New Year all you S'ers.

Smurf you too and have a smurfing good time!!!!! All my love...

I'm originally from NYC so it's part of my vocabulary......... The key is being able to shut it off. I never use F-bombs in front of children or my customers. I'm a Pro Audio consultant.

But, when it comes to my hobbies like brewing with buddies. F-Bombs all over and the more I drink, the more come out!!!

Merry F-ing Xmas Everyone!!!

Does it make you feel like a big man? Try using a different adjective and quit hiding behind the "F"bombs. It shows how insecure you are.

hey packerfaninsandiego,

Packers F$@%in suck

Hopefully they dont lay down next week

Merry Christmas-all in good fun

being offended is the problem of the offended, not the offender. just like when some unknowing a-hole compares my beer to BMC. it's not their problem I'm offended, it's mine. F*%^ them.

Fornication Under the Consent of the King. What could possible be wrong with that acronym

I knew it went mainstream when I heard my 70 YO mom drop the F-bomb, it was under her breath, but she did it.

and to all those that say that they never drop the "F" bomb in front of children.Wanna bet?

Yes, I'd take that bet.

I use the F bomb pretty liberally around my brewbrother, lschiavo (he's my best buddy), as he can attest. And around Bob.

But never once around his children or my own, or my grandson. I'm not around more children usually, but I know I have never said it around a child. Nor have I said it at church or at work. I've also never said it around my dad. Pretty much everybody else is fair game, though!

I spent two years working on a remote air force installation and cursing was a mandatory part of the spoken language there. If you didn't use at least one f-bomb per sentence people had no idea WTF you were talking about. It took me a while after coming back to tone things down a little. After you're around it for that long it just comes natural and it doesn't even cross your mind that you might be offending someone. Consequently, I still use it pretty liberally because I don't see anything wrong with it. It's just another word. What cracks me up are all the slang words that have evolved that mean the same thing as cuss words, but yet are benign enough that even children can get away with saying them. The meaning and intent of those words is no different, but change a couple letters around and everything is right as rain. What a bunch of effing BS.

I could never talk about the f&*kingpackers if I didn't use it because it is part of the f&*king name

BTW, I hate the f$*kingpackers ;)

cheezydemon3 said:
I have never effed my beer....do you recommend it?

I definite recommend dry humping...you must love the beer to keep it happy. But mostly just so I can invite my friends over for an effingbeer.

There is absolutely no need for the F word in this forum.

Similarly, we do not need to be using words or phrases like p#ssy, c#nt, sh#t. p#ssy licker, Assh#le rimlicker, "Lick that b#tches p#ssy", "Oh darn, I got my pr#ck caught in my f#cking zipper", "What are you looking at a#shole pu#sy licking pr#ick?"

And of course, "I forgot to sanitize my fermenter, oh, f#ck."

Personally I don't use the "F" bomb, but don't feel others should change their way of speaking (or typing) because of my sensibilities. To do so is to demand control of others that is not mine to have. Others are free to say (or type) what they want and I am free to think what I want about the way they express themselves. Besides, I use other words that people do find offensive as do most of us from time to time, depending upon where and when we say them. Do you have any idea how many people are shocked and appalled because I, as a pastor, will use the words "crap" or "piss"? Some people are always looking for a way to control others by insisting others speak a certain way.

Makes me think of that episode of Aquateen when Meatwad starts dropping "f-bombs"

"Fudge you mother fudgers!"

I will never understand why people get so offended by words that have no inherent hatred in them. I say eff'em, I'll say what I effin' want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerfaninSanDiego
Does it make you feel like a big man? Try using a different adjective and quit hiding behind the "F"bombs. It shows how insecure you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerfaninSanDiego
Oh Em Gee,,,,,insulting thread? I don't think so. And if you are insulted, Bee Ef Dee.

Oh, don't you feel silly now?

Oh how I get a kick (an effing kick?) out of the judgmental getting caught being hypocrites...good catch Yooper.

twalstrom said:
I'm originally from NYC so it's part of my vocabulary......... The key is being able to shut it off. I never use F-bombs in front of children or my customers. I'm a Pro Audio consultant.

But, when it comes to my hobbies like brewing with buddies. F-Bombs all over and the more I drink, the more come out!!!

Merry F-ing Xmas Everyone!!!

Yeah I'm from NJ so it's pretty much the same thing. I'm pretty skilled at not saying it.

Back