Any BJCP judges here? need feedback on wild/infected beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweetcell

Protruding Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
hi -

i've been having some sort of a wild yeast and/or bacterial infection in my brew house. details here: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f127/my-bubbly-tasteless-infection-proposed-solutions-video-356657/

as described a little later in that thread, this infection has a very distinctive taste. i'd like to recruit an expert palette to help identify the source of the flavor. I would like to send a few different beers to you so that you could taste them and give me your opinion/insight. the beers don't taste disgusting, however they're typically not good enough to finish a whole bottle. one batch, the stout, actually taste good.

who knows, maybe it's not even an infection - maybe it's something else. i'm pulling my hair out trying to figure what the hell is going on. hence the need for an expert. please help. thanks!

p.s. please be qualified before requesting a sample. mailing beer is expensive.

(mods: please let me know if this is the wrong place to post such a request)

I know hes not a bcjp but You can Facebook tastymcdole. He's been willing to give us feedback before. Also who knows he might be cool with seeing If jamil will taste it possibly.

If you've entered competitions in the past the judges email address is typically listed on the scoresheets, you could probably reach out to some judges that seemed to have particularly good palates and I'm sure they'd be willing to help. Might even avoid having to ship that way.

I do NOT want an infected beer to judge :)D) and I looked in your other thread but I didn't see a solid description of the flavor/look of the beer.

If you can't find someone to taste/judge it, I'd be willing to give some time and thought to just what might be the issue with some clear descriptions.

Back