not enough carbonation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inda_bebe

Reaction score
6 months ago i brewed 1 gal. of sour blonde w/ apricots and i bottled it at 1.010 a month ago. i added 2 cooper carb drops into a pliny size bottle. i opened it and it tasted good, with a lot of carb into it. 10 mins later, the carbination was almost flat. why isnt it staying in the beer?

Did you keep the beers at fridge temps for a couple days before you served it? Sounds like the carb hasn't completely absorbed into solution yet, which only happens after a few days at lower temps.

i kept it at room temp the whole time and put it in the fridge in the beginning of the day before trying it.

Yeah, when you carb at room temp, a large % of that CO2 actually just sits in the headspace of the bottle because it is too warm to absorb into the beer. So when you open it, you get alot of head, but not much CO2 absorbed into the solution.

The beer needs to be at fridge temps for about 36-48 hours to properly absorb all of the CO2.

Latest posts

Back