Snpa

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sean

Reaction score
I just about ripped the skin off my right hand trying to open a SN. They changed to pry off tops. I have been drinking that stuff for 12+ years.. How about a little warning. Like a big red cap with a warning on it.

Just thought it was funny.

Thats weird. I remember when Anchor went to twist offs because those automated capper machines are faster than the non twist-offs. (or something like that) Never thought a company would do the opposite.

I'd be shocked, shocked I say. I don't even have a bottle opener in my car- I'd have to wait until I got all the way home before I could drink it!

Actually, that means I can now reuse those bottles! (New Glarus is very good!)

"In March 2007, Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. quietly embraced a new technology with the
introduction of an innovative barrier crown that actually helps keep beer fresher;
blocking oxygen ingress longer without using oxygen-absorbing compounds. Initially,
the Chico, California brewer switched its crowns as the final phase of a multi-year
test by limiting the new crown to its Summerfest beer. Now, Sierra Nevada is
committing fully to the switchover, and has begun the process of utilizing the new
barrier crown technology with all its brews, including Sierra Nevada's flagship Pale
Ale. "

Back