brutus 10 planning question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

canyonbrewer

Reaction score
Hello folks -

been lurking forever, but this is my first post.

I am planning on building a brutus 10.

I already have 3 keggles and was wondering if anyone else is using keggles on the standard size Brutus 10???

Are they too close to each other?

thanks
jason

The standard size Brutus 10 has 12 inch square rails that the pots sit on. I believe a standard keg is 15 inches and would hang over the sides. Many people who build a Brutus make the stand the size they need to fit the pots or keggles that they will brew with. Just customize the dimensions of the stand to your equipment and your personal preference on height, pump mounts, etc.

if I am not mistaken, Lonnie's plans show an interior measurement of 12 inches square. With 2 inch tube, that leaves 16 inches both directions for the keggles to sit on.

Thinking about adding 2 inches in between the keggles, but I was just wondering if anybody else has used 3 keggles with the standard brutus plans.

if I am not mistaken, Lonnie's plans show an interior measurement of 12 inches square. With 2 inch tube, that leaves 16 inches both directions for the keggles to sit on.

Thinking about adding 2 inches in between the keggles, but I was just wondering if anybody else has used 3 keggles with the standard brutus plans.

You are correct! That's 12" inside dimensions, 16 overall footprint... I have seen several using kegs. Wider may good too... The kegs are a bit taller than my pots are, so you may want to think about shortening the height to suit your needs. I designed the height of the stand for my pots, not kegs.

I'm in the process of a brutus build also. I have my frame built and my keggles fit up there just fine. I can't wait to fire this thing up. Props to lonnie for a great design.

I think we need a Brutus forum to cover the building and brewing with them .:mug:

Back