The future of web design?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, that's very odd. I just got done watching this and then checked out the new posts and here it is again.

HTML5 and canvas are just amazing. I can't wait for full standards compliance in all the browsers (and for Firefox to get off their ass and fix the performance issues).

Bleh. I tried to watch it in Firefox and it sucked. I couldn't even get very far before it crashed. No time to redo in Chrome right now.

I wish they had more street-level info for where I grew up (although I'm kind of glad Google doesn't have EVERYTHING in their directory). Love Arcade Fire, too; I've got a mad-crush on a lady with a hurdy-gurdy.

22643_2.jpg

Great band and use of HTML5. The first time I tried to watch it in Safari.

It crashed within seconds. Mac fail.

Wow, that's very odd. I just got done watching this and then checked out the new posts and here it is again.

HTML5 and canvas are just amazing. I can't wait for full standards compliance in all the browsers (and for Firefox to get off their ass and fix the performance issues).
Most browsers people use are, or are close to, standards compliant. HTML5 is a working draft and is not the standard just yet. HTML 4.01/XHTML 1.0/1.1 are the current standards.

(I dumped FF a long time ago... it got slothy).

If I didn't need all the addons I would have done the same. Web Developer Toolbar and FireBug are just waaaay too useful for web development. If it's been a while, maybe you should try FF 4.0 (the beta). I'm actually starting to enjoy my browser again.

Just search "speed up Firefox" there are quite a few things you can alter in the config to speed it up significantly. Chrome is the fastest, but it is low on utility.

If I didn't need all the addons I would have done the same. Web Developer Toolbar and FireBug are just waaaay too useful for web development. If it's been a while, maybe you should try FF 4.0 (the beta). I'm actually starting to enjoy my browser again.

Exactly why I'm still using FF.

If I didn't need all the addons I would have done the same. Web Developer Toolbar and FireBug are just waaaay too useful for web development.

This is the reason why I was hesitant to switch to Chrome. While Chrome doesn't have the number of Add Ons as Firefox, it does have quite a bit. There are Add Ons for Chrome that are similar to Web Developer Toolbar and FireBug.

I use both FF and Chrome. No one asked, just thought I'd share.

Aside from my preference, I also use Firefox at the recommendation of my employer as it has the most utility. That recommendation comes down the line to them from the people they are contracted to. Ultimately, it comes from the very last company you would expect to not be recommending Chrome for this work. ;)

incidentally, a new version of chrome is available today. Click the wrench in the upper right corner, then About Google Chrome.

Doing that right now. Also, the firefox upgrade is fairly recent too. The newer non-beta version seems significantly faster than the older one.

Back