Wife is near MSU what to get?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spitfire

Reaction score
We are from PA but my wife went with her sister to drop her off at MSU because she starts classes there on Monday. Anways, what should I have her look for while there? Anybody know of a store that would be near campus that sells single bottles?
thanks for any input

Tom's Party Store on Grand River Ave, headed toward Okemos, it'll be on the left side of GR Ave. They are nice store with decent assortment.

You could also try Big Ten Party Store JUST past the campus/downtown proper, on the right side of G.R. Ave going east toward Okemos, where the road becomes 5 joined lanes. It is a small storefront, next door to a gas station ( I forget which brand). They have another Big Ten branch on Kalamazoo Ave south of the Frandor Shopping Center, which is only maybe 2 1/2 miles from the other one-but west and south of campus.

Between these two, and you should be able to find whatever is available in East Lansing.

I should have mentioned I am looking for 6 packs. I have her currently trying to get me Bells Two Hearted Ale. She was at Meijers and looking there for 6 packs since they are warm. Thanks for the info.

I used to live a couple blocks from Toms. I think Dusty's cellar is still there in Okemos, that was the go to place for the widest selection (at least until '92 when we moved away). We drove by last Xmas, but didn't stop in. It is on Grand River in Okemos, on the right past Okemos Rd. at the end of a strip mall.

Have her stop in Webberville just 20 mi. or so East of MSU right off the highway. Michigan Brewing Co. is there. Nice selection of their own beers, plus the whole Celis line, and they make a very nice Vodka now too. And a LHBS right there in case you need any supplies.

Well she is back. She ended up getting me a 6 pack of Bells Two Hearted Ale and a 6 pack of Michigan Brewing IPA

Well she is back. She ended up getting me a 6 pack of Bells Two Hearted Ale and a 6 pack of Michigan Brewing IPA

Both good, but IMO if you like Wit, the Celis is awesome. There are so many good beers in MI. I'm interested in reading what you think of the Two-hearted and MBC IPAs.

Back