2nd Christmas to myself, new owner of a Barley Crusher

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

humann_brewing

More Humann than human
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Well I am tired of getting the store crush on my grain. Plus I would like to have a little stock on hand and buy in bulk at least for the base grains.

I ordered my Barley Crusher today and made a separate order for the ingredients of the Stone Imperial Russian stout clone and the Fullers London porter.

I even got all I need to start making starters and even washed my first yeast last night.

I almost feel like a real homebrewer now!

Congrats! It sure does feel good doesn't it?

Remember though, extract/PM brewers are real homebrewers too. :mug:

Remember though, extract/PM brewers are real homebrewers too. :mug:

I know, I know, that is how I started too.

That came out wrong, I meant to say, I feel like a real homebrewer because I am reusing yeast, making a starter etc... and know a little bit of what comes out of my mouth about brewing beer.

Yes, play nice. I would do what he says or he will crush you..seriously........hes huge. 6'6" or something.

Yeah, I don't want to mess with brewtus. I am just talking about all the things I have learned in the last couple of months from being on here.

I still ponder doing a mini-mash batch just to save time, but don't think I will.

Yes, play nice. I would do what he says or he will crush you..seriously........hes huge. 6'6" or something.

And Rev JC is at least an inch taller than me. Play nice or olllllo and Yooper flys us out to yooz house to give yooz a good talking to, capiche? :D :D

Seriously though, to the OP - I *still* enjoy running my Barley Crusher. It's one of the brewing toys that I enjoy the most.

I have to say for the money I might go with the BC. I personally have a C&S and love it, BUUUUTTTTTT, the fact that I have to make my own hopper and only have built a will work for now version that sucks makes me wish I may have gone the other direction.

Going to the big box store to get some sheetmetal and rivets to fashion myself a hopper this weekend hopefully.

So I got the crusher and am ready to crush some grain :) It is set at .039 thousands of an inch.

What is the optimal gap for crush grain. I will be doing a batch that is mostly maris otter for my first crush if that makes a difference.

Latest posts

Back