Pics of last nights brew...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HomerT

Reaction score
I have never taken pics while actually brewing before. Last night I popped the camera out for a couple:

My kettle and burner rig....
IMG_2512.jpg

My Amber Lager with a vigorous boil....
IMG_2513.jpg

My Brew-Buddies...
IMG_2516.jpg

And my newly created Franken-Chiller....
IMG_2519.jpg

-Todd

Love the frankenchiller- Is that a transmission cooler?

The silvr coil and the radiator are part of a Refridgeration School "lab kit" that my fathe rin law gave me. He had it leftover form his days of doing refridgeration.

-Todd

That is seriously the most awesomest (yes, I said most awesomest) chiller I have ever seen.

How do you not get tangled up in it when you use it? The tranny cooler is just bonus points.

I'm still grinning at that picture :) Rock on!

-Joe

P.S. How'd the brew go?

That is seriously the most awesomest (yes, I said most awesomest) chiller I have ever seen.

How do you not get tangled up in it when you use it? The tranny cooler is just bonus points.

I'm still grinning at that picture :) Rock on!

-Joe

P.S. How'd the brew go?

Brew went great. Perfect boil (I love me some fermcap-s), smooth as can be. CHilled it to 68F, racked it into the primary, toped it up with just bit of water, whipped/aerated the crap out of it with a big kitchen wisk (sanitzed of course) and poured a half-gallon starter in it (California Lager yeast...not fermentation chamber yet).

I then placed her in a water bath about 6in deep, wrapped a wet towel around the bucket, and put a fan blowing across it. This morning, she had a nice krausen, so I reset the fan, and added a frozen 20oz water bottle to bring the temp down a bit. I am hoping to keep my fementation temps in the low 60s-high 50s. We will see.

-Todd

Back