Looking for a mobile keg system for tailgating

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrinkUp

Reaction score
I'm an avid sports fan and do a lot of tailgating with my buddys. I was looking for some type of mobile kegerator system that would be more convenient to bring with me to games. We used to use the ol bucket of ice trick but that gets a bit old and if you leave your site, you're beer stays behind. I've found jockeyboxes which seem cool but it's still not completely portable. I just found something on ebay that looks interesting. It's a completey mobile cart with 4 tires and steering, c02 operated, has a keg coat to keep the beer cold. Looks a bit expensive but it's the only device I've found that really fits the bill! Is there anything else like this people have found? Oh, here's the link of what i've found.

Portable Kegerator Cart w/ 10" Tires - eBay (item 250312709921 end time Oct-31-08 12:50:38 PDT)

Yea I probably could buy some parts and make one. The addon truck hitch would be cool though too as i'd never have to remove it from the back of the truck and still dispense beer. Hmmm, decisions!

That's pretty damn cool. From the threads, it looks like the 3 gallon kegs are expensive and hard to come by. But the concept is much like the jockeybox but with the C02 tank and all other parts included.

Look at this month's BYO magazine. Beermuncher has a very nice article about his rolling keggerator he made to hold 3 kegs. It would probably be perfect for what you want.

It is also probably here on the site but I am too tired to effectively use the search function....

i've been planning on incorporating a 4 tap jockey box with a dolly. i'll take a piece of plywood and place that at the bottom to hold the four kegs with the co2 tank in the middle. i'll use a ratchet strap to cinch those together and hold them to the dolly. then i'll find a way to clamp the cooler to the dolly above that. i was thinking u-bolts through the cooler, but we'll see. i'm hoping to have it done by this weekend, so i'll post some pictures.

Nice, I'd like to see your creation! Post some pictures when you got it done. I'm gathering all the ideas i've seen thus far. When my Patriots make the playoffs I want to have something ready to rock at Gillette Stadium :)

I've been monitoring that portable kegerator with 10" tires ebay listing. I know i can't build something that nice so i may just pull the trigger. I've got 5 people we'll prob split the cost. Price i see dropped by a couple hundred so it's getting more plausable.

If it is in the same vehicle you are driving and you get pulled over you are in a workd of hurt, "can you say open container". I believe that is why Biermuncher uses a trailer.

If it is in the same vehicle you are driving and you get pulled over you are in a workd of hurt, "can you say open container". I believe that is why Biermuncher uses a trailer.

They're not going to bust you if it is in the trunk or anything. You just need to use common sense and not have people drinking from it while you drive.

How about when you are coming back from the game? I'm sure you had a beer or two while you were there?

We actually purchased one of these for hunting camp a few weeks ago. With no electricity, this was the way to go! We purchased the truck hitch with it, so we just leave it attached to the truck. Just add ice!

if you disconnect the tap line at the top of the cornie it's no longer 'open' as it's accessability is limited.

helps if you've not got used glassware in you lap too

Back