Little help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gtgirl20

Reaction score
I just started about 30m ago I made a yeast starter a little juice with 1/2 teaspoon of yeast dumped 2 cups sugar, yeast starter and the rest of my yeast it is now burping good and working but a little foam/juice came up into the air lock, is this normal?

image-273391630.jpg

Yes, and good pic to show the problem! :)

Ok, in the future, try to leave more 'head space ' at the top of the bottle for foaming. That will help prevent getting it in your airlock.

WilliamSlayer said:
Yes, and good pic to show the problem! :)

Ok, in the future, try to leave more 'head space ' at the top of the bottle for foaming. That will help prevent getting it in your airlock.

Thank you man she is burping good... I failed the past 3 times went and bought some regular yeast and bam she is working like a charm

Now I have another ? When this is finished do I have to rack it? Or can I just pour it into another container and not let the yeast get into that container, then do I have to fridge it or can I start drinking?

Now I have another ? When this is finished do I have to rack it? Or can I just pour it into another container and not let the yeast get into that container, then do I have to fridge it or can I start drinking?

You can do either one. For a simple batch like this its best to drink it 'young', but at the same time you want to leave behind as much of the sediment/lees as possible. I would rack it, let it sit for a week or so, then put it into whatever container you plan to drink from.

Hope it comes out good!

Back