Group Buy in Chicago #6

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do we set the cutoff for this current buy?

• Close it on Monday, October 8, 2012 11:59 PM

• Close it when we reach 164 sacks?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya I know it's steep but I figure it's mainly due to transport? Plus it's a great hop that many folks can't get!

ylpaul2000 said:
Ya I know it's steep but I figure it's mainly due to transport? Plus it's a great hop that many folks can't get!

Dammit! Your salesmanship has convinced me to buy 3#.

If anyone is getting galaxy hops, I'd tag along on a pound of those for sure

bmason1623 said:
Dammit! Your salesmanship has convinced me to buy 3#.

Alright Bill, great attitude! I appreciate you commitment and I'm positive you'll like the results of your purchase (notice the positive support of the sale to reduce buyers remorse). I'm left with 2 pounds on my 11 pound order, anyone else?

I'm up for a pound of the NS. I assume this is gonna be the last bulk buy until the spring right?

I'm in for a lb of NS hops, but I don't know anything about them. Are they good for IPAs? What else can I make with them?

sudsmcgee said:
I'm in for a lb of NS hops, but I don't know anything about them. Are they good for IPAs? What else can I make with them?

I'm buying them in similar fashion. Don't know much about them. What I gather is that they are a new exciting NZ hop that will be good for dry hopping and produce grape like features (named after sauvignon, as in Cabernet)

I'm in for 3 pounds of NS but will give up 1 pound if somebody else wants it.

Docgineer said:
I'm up for a pound of the NS. I assume this is gonna be the last bulk buy until the spring right?

At least the last one that I run with delivery at my place...

ylpaul2000 said:
So then you don't want in on my 11 pounds?

I did not intend any insult, last buy there were 2or3 of us trying to get the NS and I wanted at least 4lbs, the right thing is that yours fills first being first to order.. and if I have to take a full 11. Oh darn what will I brew...

Neopol said:
I did not intend any insult, last buy there were 2or3 of us trying to get the NS and I wanted at least 4lbs, the right thing is that yours fills first being first to order.. and if I have to take a full 11. Oh darn what will I brew...

11 pounds will only last you for 3-4 brew sessions...

Nelson makes a great complex pale. I'd like 2lbs, looks like the count is on to Neopols box 2.

Also, is anyone interested in a 2 or 3 way split of C40 or C60?

Anyone up for a split on a Fawcett Crystal Rye, sounds delicious..

I'll buck for the bag just don't want 50lbs to experiment with... Anyone have experience with this malt that can chime in an opine?

After ylpaul fills his NS (would you mind updating when your order fills) I'll take splits on mine, also I might add another variety leaning towards pacific gem or jade

11 lbs Nelson Sauvin
4 - Neopol
2 - Demon
1 - TheBreweryUnderground
1 - Grinch
2 - Starman
1 - SpacemanSpiff

0- remaining

11 lbs NZ Pacific Jade.
Moved to page 10 for count

Ok so my Nelson Sauvin order is full. I'm out of town right now but I'll post the list of who is buying and what quantities when I get back. Thanks everyone.

what happened to that 2000 pound tote of 2-row you were talking about ordering? :D Also, Chaos cant get you hops?

SWMBO happened, though probably a good decision! I also just signed up on the site but haven't gotten my confirmation yet. Not sure how much I'm getting but I had a party last night that killed nearly 3 kegs, I need to brew more! I also need some coffee...

Neopol, I'd be in for a pound of the NS if there's still some available on your split.

Still need to check what grains I need.

bmason1623 said:
51 sacks so far...

I just updated my order. Is that something that you, as administrator needs to be made aware of? Or can I keep editing and it will not be trouble for you?

bmason1623 said:
51 sacks so far...

that's what she said....

I updated my order as well.

Bill is there a time stamp on case we need to cut off some....sacks

I just updated my order. Is that something that you, as administrator needs to be made aware of? Or can I keep editing and it will not be trouble for you?

you can keep increasing or decreasing your order and everything including
pricing updates automatically. nothing is required of me during the ordering phase. I fricking love ghoti's program!

How about 10/5 for orders? Should have quote and everyones money in the bank by 10/15 for delivery later that week.

Anyone up for a split on a Fawcett Crystal Rye, sounds delicious..

I'll buck for the bag just don't want 50lbs to experiment with... Anyone have experience with this malt that can chime in an opine?

After ylpaul fills his NS (would you mind updating when your order fills) I'll take splits on mine, also I might add another variety leaning towards pacific gem or jade

11 lbs Nelson Sauvin
4- Neopol

7 - remaining
Tentatives once ylpaul confirms his order
2 - Demon
1 - TheBreweryUnderground
1 - Grinch

Put me down for 2# NS.

As for the crystal rye, I've found it to be one you want to limit. I got 10# or so of Simpsons from Two Brothers and really any more than 1# per 5 gallon batch is too much 'wang'. If memory serves, that 40% centennial / simcoe rye pa you tasted last buy probably had 1/2# / 5gal.

That said, I'd be willing to do a quarter sack or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back