What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image-1460665179.jpg

A sample of my DIPA 6 days in the keg. I seriously would put this up against any DIPA I've ever had. Strong hop aroma and flavor. Smooth lingering bitterness. For 10.2% ABV there's only the slightest alcohol taste on the backend. It finished at 1.018 so the sweetness is exactly where I like it for the style. In another week or so when the carbonation is just right it will be almost perfect. I will definitely be brewing this again as is with no changes so I can have more ready for when this runs out.

image-2709102583.jpg

Chuckus95 said:
Love Simtra. Very underrated in my opinion.

95 on BA, that's a pretty good rating. I just think they need to up their distribution. Also, I don't know what you guys are paying for it but for me it's a $14 bomber. That makes it a once a month Friday night treat.

Just finished my last pint for the night (HB'ed sweet stout) and now it's bed time. Well, maybe one more, but then, that's the last one....

mcbaumannerb, dude, you need to quit your day job and sell this stuff (yeah, I know, easier said than done, hehe). Absolutely the only thing that would make this beer better is age. So smooth and silky, full bodied, not too much roast, finishes sweet. Excellent job!

Thanks again - that is definitely my best batch to date (although my RIS might be there when I crack one of those open this fall.) :mug:

Monk's? C'mon Nordy, people look up to you on here.

I know man. I was in a pinch, you know what I mean, where the palate requires something sour, the salivary glands are going, malt and/or hops aren't doing it..... yeah, the Monk's didn't satisfy that at all. I need to go beer shopping today.

Latest haul. My wife saw the Daymans and pretty much cleaned out the store for me. Grabbed the Just Outstandings while I was passing through Kern County on a road trip.

Who's tried Dayman? I really love it. The coffee flavor is pronounced but balances so well. I will be sad when it's gone.

20130326_185347 (Medium).jpg

Drinking my first Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, accually first Sierra Nevada anything. I like it, it's similar to a beer of my own.

They cost almost 3 euro here though.

I love Sierra Nevada Torpedo. I drank 4 of them this weekend...2 more to go.

Just drank the hydro sample of my cream ale. I used 2 oz of cascade (1 oz @60 min, another oz @ 2 minutes). I was not expecting this kind of hop character! With the beer being light bodied, the hops kind of took over. I'm hoping that 2 weeks in the keg will subdue the hops a little. It tastes good, but not quite what I expected...

I love Sierra Nevada Torpedo. I drank 4 of them this weekend...2 more to go.

Had my first Torpedo last night! I actually didn't like it at first sip...it tasted a little leafy to me. I got over it and fell in love by sip two

Had my first Torpedo last night! I actually didn't like it at first sip...it tasted a little leafy to me. I got over it and fell in love by sip two

Nice. I had my first one last summer on my buddy's boat. I am an IPA-lover. It's pretty good.

half_whit said:

I LOVE Torpedo! It's probably one of my top 5 IPA's. that may change when I get my hands on some Heady Topper, though....
Back on topic. Having a pint of my sweet stout right now. I'll definitely be brewing this one again.

jerryteague said:
I LOVE Torpedo! It's probably one of my top 5 IPA's. that may change when I get my hands on some Heady Topper, though....
Back on topic. Having a pint of my sweet stout right now. I'll definitely be brewing this one again.

Torpedo is pretty good! But Heady Topper changed how I measure IPAs. So did Surly Abrasive. It's probably a good thing neither are available here. I would probably go broke buying them.

WesleyS said:
Torpedo is pretty good! But Heady Topper changed how I measure IPAs. So did Surly Abrasive. It's probably a good thing neither are available here. I would probably go broke buying them.

Haha! Yep. I feel the same way about Surley Furious. I brewed a clone, without trying the original, and fell in love with the recipe (tried furious later and was blown away). I'm ordering the ingredients today for another batch, as well as another IPA kit using El Dorado hops.

Back