What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopslam. Split a case with a buddy.

Its really good, but not incredible.

I don't feel it lives up to the hype / price.

Anyone else agree?

Agree totally. I can make 5.5gal of an amazing IIPA for the cost of a 12-pack. It is good, but not as good as it is hyped to be.

Hope to get some soon and I'll let you know. What did the 1/2 case set you back (if you don't mind my asking?)

$46.. Ridiculous. Like OClair said, you can brew 3-4 6 gallon batches for the price of a case.

Also, I may be able to get an extra six pack. I will know more this weekend PM me if you are interested because i am willing to part with it.

Good stuff. Nice and refreshing

ForumRunner_20130130_182022.jpg

Dam.....Is that all you ever drink? :p
I've never brewed with FF. how is it?

definite pine & citrus, but very balanced between the two. a real IPA/APA blend. and if it helps, this keg's almost gone. finally. a standard American Lager slapped with a small amount of IPA hops is good, just not great.:mug:

Had a protein shake post workout. Drinking water now :( I've been trying to cut back during the week. I will be enjoying Hopslam on cask tomorrow hopefully! I tend to agree with what others have said about it though. Ill take Lagunitas Sucks four times over.

I'm not seeing the floaties but it is good!

i loveeeeeee that beer. I am not extremely well versed in IPAs, but i find that to be the most drinkable IPA I have ever tasted. (And there's TONS OF IT) down here in Miami

mcbaumannerb said:
I'm not seeing the floaties but it is good!

Give it a little swirl near the end of the pour, i know it's cheating but I think it makes it taste better (most likely all in my head).

mcbaumannerb said:
How much longer before your pouring out of your tap for good?

Whenever I collect enough kegs. I only have two for now, but looking to expand. Kegging sure beats the hell out of bottling! I never minded bottling until I kegged the last two batches and saw what it's like on the other side.

image-3088594515.jpg

Northern Brewer Midnight Beatdown Wheaten Porter. My last pm brewed 7 months ago, I wish I had more of it left now.

My espresso stout. First extract batch I started with all grain so this was a fun experiment. I used to live in Kona so the glass is a homage to their amazing Pipeline Porter.

image-2233419182.jpg

Billy-Klubb said:
before long, I'll also be drinking my Saison split! and y'all should fear the Horehound!:rockin:

Saison? Or Saison split? If Saison split, explain please.

Maybe it's cough syrup? Nope it's the gravity sample from this year's barley wine. Was 1.110 OG 30 days ago, at 1.025 now. Racked from primary into 5 gal bourbon soaked oak barrel, plus 3 PET bombers bottled to top up angels share every 60 days till bottling time. Pretty green right now but can see the potential.

image-1022842824.jpg

Latest posts

Back