My first labelled run, "Frankenstein"!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cscade

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I put together my first labelled, VIP, limited release, fall seasonal bottling yesterday :fro:

The idea here is that the labels will be used for all my beers, and then the smaller, vertical label on the right contains the info about the actual beer in the bottle. Lets me label everything I give to friends, without having to have a separate design for each beer. The little label is easy to peel off and change.

My normal caps have a black "S", but these are special for the season!

This beer is "Frankenstein"; Pours a dark amber with a thick fluffy cream colored head. Aroma is all malt with hints of caramel and toffee, giving no hint to what lies below. Flavor is malty and round with a very surprisingly firm bitterness, clocking in north of 100IBU by the numbers. Enough to satisfy even the most jaded hop-head, the beer manages to please a wider audience by clearing the palate quickly. No lingering tongue-coating aftertaste here. A holiday treat that's sure to calm the angry mob. Cheers!

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

Thanks guys! I'm really happy with how they turned out.

Seeker huh? A Rahl are you?

Heh, no. I actually had to google that to figure out what you meant. I think I lost at least 5 points of nerd cred for that ... ;)

When it came time to name the brewery I wanted something I could carry through if I ever went pro, so it needed to be something personal. When I started thinking about it I realized seeking knowledge and new things is the common thread throughout my life. I've learned how to do (and done professionally) so many different things, it was the only thing that tied it all together. Adding brewing to the list, it just made sense, so I went with it. Cheers!

This is straight-up awesome. Do you have graphic design experience? Would love to hear specifics of your label-making. I make labels in PowerPoint, print at kinkos, and stick them on with milk. I'm not worthy!:rockin:

I don't have any formal graphics design experience, but I have been building websites for many years with no graphics design people to fall back on. So I have learned a lot about photoshop by necessity. Still, I am definitely no graphics pro.

I use photoshop for design, then order my design to be printed at grogtag.com. The price isn't the cheapest out there, but the printing is high quality, waterproof, and the labels are re-usable. I'm very happy with them. The caps come from bottlemark.com, which used to kind of suck (the printing flaked/chipped off very easily) but they now have a new printing process that is very durable. I order caps about 200 at a pop, and the price is really reasonable.

The letter "S" I did not design myself, I licensed it for personal & commercial use from a font artist, so that I can keep this logo legally if I ever go pro.

Here's a sign I had made for the brewery as well, it's plasma-cnc cut from 16ga stainless, 24" in diameter.

01.jpg

Back