Counter-high fridge for fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samreese

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if the Avanti BCA4561B-2 - 4.5 CF counter-high fridge has enough flat bottom space and enough height to hold a 6.5 gallon carboy? (Or what model for c. $200 that does?)

I have searched the web and contacted the manufacturer to no avail. I can't find a compact fridge at retailers in my area with a big enough flat bottom.

You're probably going to have issues finding a mini fridge with enough floor space to fit a carboy. The issue is that the compressor takes up so much room at the bottom. Your best bet is to look for either a 5 cu ft +/- chest freezer or a counter height upright freezer. The chest freezer you can typically find for around $200. You can probably find a Haier, GE, Kenmore, or Whirlpool in that range.

I use this one... fits fine

d027938f.jpg

83bb18f0.jpg

It's a magic chef something or other. I will get dimensions and model number later.

if you can find a wine cooler (which is what the above looks like) they usually have more depth then a regular fridge and should be able to fit a carboy. also they often have some basic temp controls.

Back