What you brewing for National Homebrew this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjohnson17

Reaction score
Curious what people will be brewing this weekend.

I've got an Apricot Blonde Ale on the docket.

Avery Kaiser (Imperial Oktoberfest) clone. Just kegged my regular Oktoberfest this morning and using one of the cakes for this monster. 40 minutes into the 2 hour boil....

Have a lite lager ready to bottle. going to brew a pale lager (pale ale recipe with lager yeast) and rack it right on top of the yeast cake.

Gonna be good!

I prepped my grain and water last night and I got up nice and early this morning for National Brew Day. Finished my Blonde Ale in 3 hours from start to finish!

Didn't brew today. But went and hung out at LHBS and bought a Brown Porter. I'm getting the starter going and brewing on Tues night.

Made Kiss your cousin- ketucky common(a bit altered),last night. Dropped my auto-siphon while bottleing my Gingered beer,and the flapper thing popped out,anybody know a way to put it back in,i was using a tube with the piece attacted tring to snap it back in hasnt worked yet.So i had to use the ol racking cane method which went smooth i thought i was going to get sanitizer in my beer,its been awile i easily had the floor pretty wet using that method though.

I jumped the gun a little and did all my brewing last weekend. I actually bottled a batch of witbier and went straight into brewing the next batch while the carboy was soaking. No sense in having an empty carboy lying around.

In the spirit of the day however, I decided to label all the bottles of Nitwit that I bottled last week. Might even take a gravity reading on the porter (any excuse for a sample :D )

Brewed the Rakau IIPA in my sig. yesterday.
Very *sticky*.

Lots of great hop character that's balanced with the grain bill.

Brewed an Evil Twin-ish thing this morning. Kegged up 10 gallons of IPA while the mash was going.

Now time to for the next celebration....SWMBO's birthday!!

:mug:

Success.I fixed my autoshipon,with a siphon tube i just attached the clip-(the little valve that popped out) inside the tube with the prongs exposed and twisted the tube to release the tube from it,took me about a 100 tries.I dindt think it was going to work.My worry is how long it will stay attached while trying hard not to jolt it around much at all anymore.

Hopbursted iipa with 3 ounces each amarillo, columbus and simcoe and an ounce of chinook and citra.

Since I had to work early mornings this weekend I brewed early (Thurs night). Got the first use in with my new 42qt pot and my propane burner - as well as being my first outdoor brew!

Anywho I brewed a Flying Dog IPA Clone extract batch (since i already had my ingredients). And to make up for missing homebrew weekend I am brewing 5gal of a Smoked Honey Porter and 5gal of a Cream Ale this Thursday with my buddy

Doing a Belgian Wit. Starter is going now. Will brew I. Tomorrow. This is the Hogaarden clone from Beer Captured. I hear it's good but not all that close to the real deal ...we'll see

I went with the Bucksnort Brown that the AHA posted as one of the recipes for the Big Brew. Primarily because I had most of the stuff already on hand.

Me either :mad:!

Me and the wife are building a fence out front (well I'm building, she is "supervising'), so no brewing till that is done. Got all the post holes dug today. Gonna concrete the posts and start cutting the slats tomorrow.

While she was in the shower cleaning up (how dirty can you get barking orders all day?), I did manage to get 5 gallons of my Amarillo Blonde kegged. And against my conscience and blonde style guidelines, I dry hopped it with 3/4 oz of Amarillo. I really want it to shine.

Brewed a batch of blue moon clone with extra spice and t58 yeast. Going strong already. Wort tasted like orange candy.

image-764464425.jpg

Brewing an Irish carbomb stout this Wednesday since I work weekends. Should be awesome.

raven1a said:
I'm brewing Bell's Two Hearted while drinking Bell's Two Hearted. Life is good.

recipe please. I love me some two hearted!

also since my lager chamber is full I brewed a simple American brown ale

Just brewed a wild ale. Leaving the wort outside in the kettle with some cheesecloth over the opening overnight to collect some local wild yeasts, then I'll be pitching some other dregs later this week. Should be interesting!

Went fishing on Lake St. Clair Saturday, so had to hustle Friday night and get EdWort's Haus pale ale done. It went well, and is the base for my 6 yeast experiment.

I brewed an Amber Ale yesterday. All my numbers looked good and it's happily bubbling away in my travel trailer fridge that I turned into a fermentation chamber.

Cooked up an American Imperial Stout and pitched it onto a yeast cake that I had built up after harvesting Blue Mountain Brewery's Dark Hollow--I think it might be a Belgian strain, not sure. Fermentation kicked off in 3 hours, and it smells great!

Just finished an India Black Ale (Black IPA, CDA, American Black Ale or whatever the name du jour)... First time using Briess Blackprinz so I'm excited to see how it turns out.

Back