Carboy!!!!!!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpoelke

Reaction score
Hey anyone want to sell or get rid of some carboys let me know I'm looking for 2 gallon and bigger i'll pay shipping. Jpoelke

annasdadhockey said:
where would these carboys be shipped to?

I'm in Bakersfield, Ca. What all do you have? And how much do you want? Thanks for the reply.

I have nothing to offer, but those who do want to know where to ship. There has to be a homebrew shop in the vicinity of Bakersfield that you could buy from. Good luck to you.

I'm in Bakersfield, Ca. What all do you have? And how much do you want? Thanks for the reply.

A new 5 gal carboy at my LHBS is about $30, 6.5 gal is $35. I don't think it would be worth the cost of packaging and shipping and insurance. From what I've seen of Fed-Ex and UPS deliveries recently, insurance will be a must.

You may want to check out this thread: New homebrew club in the works. Bakersfield CA

I also saw these on Craigslist in your area:

Brew brewing supplies - $100 (Bakersfield)

3 gallon carboy / demijohn jug - $25 (Santa Barbara)

homebrewing equipment (full setup) - never used - $175 (santa barbara - mesa)

annasdadhockey said:
I have nothing to offer, but those who do want to know where to ship. There has to be a homebrew shop in the vicinity of Bakersfield that you could buy from. Good luck to you.

It's funny you would think there would be a brewery supply by Bakersfield but there isn't the closest I've found is in S.L.O. But that's 2 hours away.... Bako sucks.....

jpoelke said:
It's funny you would think there would be a brewery supply by Bakersfield but there isn't the closest I've found is in S.L.O. But that's 2 hours away.... Bako sucks.....

Bencomo's in Fresno... I have a 5 gallon carboy, used once, I'd sell ya... maybe a drive to Fresno would be the better bet? PM if interested.

Why? Just use 6 gallon. I brew 5 gallon batches in my 30 gallon primary if my others are busy. Well not anymore I have a ton of fermenters now but I used too.

nukinfuts29 said:
Why? Just use 6 gallon. I brew 5 gallon batches in my 30 gallon primary if my others are busy. Well not anymore I have a ton of fermenters now but I used too.

25 gallons worth of headspace volume oxygen isn't bad for the cider?

Back