Rick Sanchez fired from CNN

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just listened to both those audio clips in that link. I'm not sure what he got fired for.

I guess the PC police at CNN don't like some criticizing the left.

I won't miss him. All he did was give 15 minutes of news and talk about people's tweets for the other 45 minutes.

I grew up watching Rick Sanchez and by all accounts he has always been a massive tool.

While I disagree with what he said in the recordings, I didn't find it offensive at all.

My father was a anchor in Miami for a while and knows Rick personally. He used to have dinner at my house on occasion years ago. He had a lot of enemies in Miami and was not easy to get along with, the talk goes. Lots of people were happy when he left South Florida, but never expected him to last long at the national level. Good to see he proved them all right.

What he had as a 'Regular Guy' smoothness, he wasted in grossly non-cerebral thinking. He was the poster child for stating the obvious.

The 'Taser Segment' was his apogee.

If memory serves, didn't he catch flack from management once already about some rant he had over his being the "token latino" on CNN??

#1. This thread belongs in the debate forum, so Yooper won't have to work so hard and delete all the stupid-a$$ political comments. You're welcome, Yooper.
#2. The firing of senior Sanchez by the CNN PC Police was a big load of BS, but then Rick Sanchez was full of BS himself and I never liked him from the start.
#3. Come to think about it, my comment needs to be deleted too. Darned!...

CNN is getting more watchable every day. AC360 is watchable, except when Anderson finds a good tragedy like an oil spill or earthquake where he can have the same show every day for four months. They need to nudge Wolf into retirement... he is an idiot. No... really... he was on celebrity Jeopardy and ended up four million dollars in the hole.

CNN is getting more watchable every day. AC360 is watchable, except when Anderson finds a good tragedy like an oil spill or earthquake where he can have the same show every day for four months. They need to nudge Wolf into retirement... he is an idiot. No... really... he was on celebrity Jeopardy and ended up four million dollars in the hole.

If you're getting your news from CNN, then you're just as much of an idiot as Wolf.

yeah, I can gather all the news I need from the weather report.
hey, let your honesty shine, shine, shine, now...

CNN???
hey, who's more "fair and balanced" than Fox? :D

Back