Euro style bottle caps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pipapat

Reaction score
So i have a ferrari Bench corker.
I was wondering if anyone knows if they make a capping atachment for bottles and if so it works with the large euro style bottle caps?

I am capping some botled with corks in them and would rather cap than hood them.

Cheers
pat

Do you have a separate capper? I was going to do wine corks + caps using my red baron wing capper which could switch out the standard bell to a 29mm (European) bell. I didn't end up doing this as I found a cheap corker that could do Belgian mushrooms, but that was my plan originally.

I have the standard red capper that came with my beer kit.
I didnt know you could swap out the capper.
Link for the bell?

Thanks for the info this saves me from spending the extra cash on a second capper.

Yeah, if you can swap the bell you can use the same capper. I've been doing that to put my beer in champagne bottles. I can't remember where i got the caps from at the moment though. About half the online beer suppliers seem to have the euro caps and the bells.

it is a red barron capper i have. the bell unscrewed.
Ordered some caps from my local HB shop.
LOve the look of belgium corks bot seems like more work than im willing to do for items other than gifts.

Since you already have a corker, this won't be helpful to you Pat, but maybe it will for someone who finds this in the future. Since I started doing wine and many belgians/sours I had been looking around for something that I could use to cork both. I found this how-to which was very helpful and its the corker I ended up buying. Worked great for Belgians with mushrooms (haven't bottled any wines yet):

http://www.slobrewer.com/howto/corking-belgians/

Its roughly the same price as a bench corker, and it comes with both bells so you can also use it to cap both types of bottles that will take a crown cap. If you buy this online, be careful as the company makes an almost identical looking model thats cheaper but is only a capper.

good too know.
I also make mead so i got a "higher" end corker to make the process much easier.
Getting ready to bottle a all brett c beer.

Should be fun to have gift out a few bottles.

Back