Sad news for all of us from GreenwoodRover's family

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Laura,

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss.
I was fortunate enough to have been able to meet Kevin and a few others at the map room when I was in Chicago for business.

After spending an evening with him, I can honestly say that he loved his family and life very much. His loss is felt by all of us (regardless of knowing him personally or through the connect that we all share here on HBT) because he was in my estimation a very kind and caring person. I feel very fortunate to have had the opportunity to share a few beers and a lot of humor. You and your family will be in my prayers.

Laura,

I am so sorry to hear this terrible news. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. May God bless you and your family in this time of need.

Very sad news. My sincerest condolences to you, his children and other family and friends. Times like this make you happy to be part of a community like this. I will drink one in his honor you can be sure.

Laura,

I also had the pleasure of meeting and having a beer with Kevin. He was just as helpful and friendly in person as he was on the forum. My condolences to you and your family, he will be missed.

Laura, I feel a special loss. Kevin was to say the least...persistent with his quest to brew better beer. That quest included his gentle, diligent prodding for me to accept beer from him to sample and offer feedback. I didn't know Kevin at the time and consuming a homemade beverage from a stranger can carry some risk. Eventually I agreed and am glad I did. Over the course of a few months, he continued to send me his latest attempts and I can say with all candor that he became an excellent brewer.

From what I know of our conversations, I believe Kevin loved life and loved his family. For you and your children, I offer my sincerest condolences.

God bless.

Hi all,

You continue to touch my heart with your kind words. I have to admit to giving Kev some grief about brewing, and the time he spent on here - but he was passionate about his brewing, and talked about the "brew board" so often. We were so lucky to have had him in our lives.

More information on plans can be found at:
Kevin Dennis Death Notice: Kevin Dennis’s Obituary by the Chicago Tribune.

Please know that reading this give me great comfort. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it.

Laura Dennis

Wow. Such a tragic event. I didn't know Kevin that well but from what I did know of him over on the Chicagoland Brewers Group he seemed like a real stand-up guy. My sincere condolences to you and your family.

I was very sad to read this yesterday and still can't come up with words. I regret not making it down to the gatherings downtown to have met him. I echo RC's comments that we'll help any any way possible.

I also want to thank you for posting here to let us know, and replying. My prayers have been and are with you.

Hi all,

You continue to touch my heart with your kind words. I have to admit to giving Kev some grief about brewing, and the time he spent on here - but he was passionate about his brewing, and talked about the "brew board" so often. We were so lucky to have had him in our lives.

More information on plans can be found at:
Kevin Dennis Death Notice: Kevin Dennis’s Obituary by the Chicago Tribune.

Please know that reading this give me great comfort. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it.

Laura Dennis

Thank you for taking the trouble at this time to keep us posted. Thank you again as by responding here. You are giving us validation (I hope) to carry on trying to do what we are in a more practical sense in regards to donations to Kevin's memory.

God bless you, your family and Kevin. I truly am sorry about your loss, and I will drink to my fellow brewer. Prost.

Wow, that is terrible news. So young... My deepest condolences to you and your family in these hard times.

I'm definitely in for a memorial brew if we opt to do so.

I did not know Kevin personally but I have always respected him as a fellow brewer and well-liked and knowledgeable member of the HBT community. He was always willing to take the time to give advice to newer brewers and to offer his opinion.

My heartfelt and most sincere condolences to you and your family. I am so sorry for your loss. I feel that my sentiments are cheapened being expressed on an internet forum, however, please know that my prayers are with you, your boys, as well as the rest of your family and friends. May Kevin's spirit live on through you and your children and may you find comfort through your loved ones during this difficult time.

Rest in Peace, Kevin.

From the Mrs. and me, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Our prayer is this: "May our lord be with you and guide you through this time of your lives."

Hello. Greenwood Rover was my brother. I recently joined Home Brew, not only to support one of Kev’s favorite hobbies, but to also say thank you for everyone's support. When my brother’s wife Laura posted the passing of Kevin, we were in awe of all the love and kind words that came from the HB website community. Kev loved brewing beer and he was getting good at it. I loved to go over to his house to taste his newest brews. Kev would often call me and say, “I am brewing up a batch tonight. You should stop by and hang out.” I miss my brother so much….

Please keep me informed of any memorial brews, gatherings or other planned events regarding Greenwood Rover. I am happy to help (and would love to participate) in any way possible. My direct email address is [email protected]

Thank you,

Uncle Mike

to kevin's family:

all of us that hang out here develop friendships based on a shared obsession... kevin was a valued friend to all of us on the site (even though I never had direct contact, I obsessively read as many posts as I can, regardless of participation in the thread)... he will be missed.

if there is anything we can do as a community to help you out in this time of need, please let us know. my thoughts and prayers go out to you in this time of need.

cheers to kevin! he's probably brewing up a big batch of something crazy with the big guy now... :mug:

Hello. Greenwood Rover was my brother. I recently joined Home Brew, not only to support one of Kev’s favorite hobbies, but to also say thank you for everyone's support. When my brother’s wife Laura posted the passing of Kevin, we were in awe of all the love and kind words that came from the HB website community. Kev loved brewing beer and he was getting good at it. I loved to go over to his house to taste his newest brews. Kev would often call me and say, “I am brewing up a batch tonight. You should stop by and hang out.” I miss my brother so much….

Please keep me informed of any memorial brews, gatherings or other planned events regarding Greenwood Rover. I am happy to help (and would love to participate) in any way possible. My direct email address is [email protected]

Thank you,

Uncle Mike

Welcome UncleMike! I cannot feel what you are feeling right now, but stick around and hang out with us when you can, and I'm sure you'll feel right at home. Plus, you can make beer with us.

Thank you,

Uncle Mike

Welcome Mike. I lost my best friend/big brother 12 years ago on Christmas Eve...It's still hard sometimes, even after all these years, so I know what you're going through now. Crap, just seeing you post that you mis your bro, just brought me to tears.

You can come hang out with us anytime. :mug:

I'm truely sorry about your loss. Kevin seemed like a really good guy. I had mentioned to him that my parents live in Edison Park and that it would be cool to do a brew day with him.

Wow, I'd been seeing Greenwood Rover badges on a lot of avatars the last few days, but didn't think much about it. I sent him a PM back on the sixth to let him know one of his thread responses cracked me up. I never heard back from him, but didn't really think much of it. This morning I put two and two together and did a search of the forums only to learn of this incredibly sad news. As a father of two young boys myself my heart goes out to you and your kids and the entire family. I think I'll give my kids an extra big hug tonight and remind myself how much I need to cherish my time with them. I'll raise a glass tonight to the memory of a man I never met, but who brought a smile to my face!! :mug:

Very very sad to read this news. I did not really know him but saw him on the boards frequently and I could tell he was a cool dude. My condolences to the family.

Hello all,

I am a close friend of Kevin and want to first thank you all for the kind words and thoughts. After searching through the site and other posts, I came across a link to the Greenwood Rover Shiver Me Bitters Brew (I cant post the link because of too few posts). There are a number of Kevin's Greenwood Rover friends that would really like to sample a batch of Kevin's brew. Unfortunately none of us are brewers or even know where to start. Would anyone be willing to brew a batch for us? Interesting trades accepted. (Don't want to break any distribution laws, but would be willing to pay for all ingredients and time).

Please PM me if you are willing or have questions.

Thank you again for your kind words. Kevin will be missed.

Brian

Hello all,

I am a close friend of Kevin and want to first thank you all for the kind words and thoughts. After searching through the site and other posts, I came across a link to the Greenwood Rover Shiver Me Bitters Brew (I cant post the link because of too few posts). There are a number of Kevin's Greenwood Rover friends that would really like to sample a batch of Kevin's brew. Unfortunately none of us are brewers or even know where to start. Would anyone be willing to brew a batch for us? Interesting trades accepted. (Don't want to break any distribution laws, but would be willing to pay for all ingredients and time).

Brian

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f19/memorial-beer-greenwoodrover-131574/

This is a link to the Memorial Brew thread, I believe they are planning to trade beers, send some to the family and/or the Rovers.

Hello all,

Brian

We are arranging to do just that Brian. Check out this thread.
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f19/memorial-beer-greenwoodrover-131574/

Back