BlindLemonLars food recipes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoosierbrewer

Reaction score
Everytime I look at one of BlindLemonLars pictures of food, I get hungry. They all look delicious. I think he should post some of his food recipes and what beer he pairs with them. I wish my food that I cook looked that good.

Everytime I look at one of BlindLemonLars pictures of food, I get hungry. They all look delicious.

That's because I don't post pictures of my failures. :D

Well thanks, I just now noticed your post, and I really appreciate the feedback. I'm not a big recipe guy, I usually just play it by ear...do a little research on the net, and try to reconcile it with ingredients I have on hand or can easily obtain. But I'll try to write a few up, and post them with the corresponding pictures.

Maybe I'll start with the 5 minute, gas grilled, ghetto pizza I made for a quick dinner tonight!

that really does look tasty. what kind of crust did you use?

I made kabobs a few nights earlier, and had some leftover lavash, middle eastern flatbread. After working late, I didn't feel like cooking anything elaborate, so I saw the lavash and a half-can of tomato paste and came up with a plan. I also didn't want to heat up the house with the oven, so I threw my pizza stone onto my gas grill and fired it up.

Apart from heating up the grill, the whole thing took about 7 minutes to assemble and bake. I applied the tomato paste, then sprinkled on dried oregano, fennel seed, garlic powder, and some mozzarella cheese. (It was actually two sticks of string cheese!) I raided the fridge again for toppings, and found chopped peppers, kalamata olives, feta cheese and lula kabob...again, all left over from the other night's kabob wraps. Finally I grated some parmigiano reggiano over the top, and onto the pizza stone it went. About 4 minutes later I took a peek, and it was good to go.

Not bad, for a quickie dinner! The pizza stone is the key, without it I think the lavash would get damp and soggy on the bottom.

Thanks! I am ok for today's lunch... just finished a pulled pork sandwich with the big guy's left over bbq from yesterday.

Now I wish I had taken a trip to Lansing or Dearborn for the weekend. I love Kabobs, Lavash, Humus, etc...

We should get an area on here where we can post recipes that go well with Homebrew. Kind of like a beer and food pairing guide.

Back