Please tell me it's not mold

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rmedved

Reaction score
This showed up about a day after racking to secondary. I'm trying to just relax but I would like some confirmation. Please tell me this is yeast, or CO2 or something other than mold. Sorry for the horrid picture quality, I could take a better picture later if neccessary.
fc902e02.jpg

Before fortunately.

I sure can't tell if it is mold but it probably isn't. If it is, you'll know for sure in the next couple of days.

But I bet it is fine.

Before fortunately.

I sure can't tell if it is mold but it probably isn't. If it is, you'll know for sure in the next couple of days.

But I bet it is fine.

Good, I think he probably got pretty moldy that time he spent a year in bed with Yoko.

Wouldn't anyone?

(No Yoko, we are not asking you to Post Your Infection.)

It's probably just yeast. Is it furry? If so, then yeah, it's probably mold. The good news is that while mold is nasty, you should be able to rack from underneath it without losing too much beer or experiencing off flavors.

I racked from underneath a definite mold infection in my beer and bottled. I lost about 1L of beer, and the rest is just fine. Maybe it's cliche, but it was the best beer I ever made (until my most recent batch, which I tried tonight). Lesson - don't dump your beer (unless it's got maggots growing in it).

That being said, it doesn't really look like mold in the picture.

Back