Beer Labelizer - Label Generator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beer_Labelizer

Beer Label Creator
Reaction score
Hi Guys, I've just got into home brewing, loving it so far. I wanted to create my own labels for my brews so I created the Beer Labelizer its a little website that helps you generate your own beer labels and print them off. Let me know what you think of the site, I would appreciate any feedback.

beerlabelizer2.jpg

Here is an example of the kind of labels you can create.

beerlabelizer.jpg

beerlabelizer3.jpg

www.beerlabelizer.com

Very cool! Now that you have the site / base code down, more templates / labels would really rock this out. Nicely done. Excellent work.

You may not have to buy your own beer for quite a long time. Like, probably, forever.

A couple additions I would like to see.... a square label option, possibly a couple different grain designs to chose from, a couple font options, a few more colors, maybe some basic background patterns. All just ideas. You did a kickass job, sir. Keep it up.

You may not have to buy your own beer for quite a long time. Like, probably, forever.

A couple additions I would like to see.... a square label option, possibly a couple different grain designs to chose from, a couple font options, a few more colors, maybe some basic background patterns. All just ideas. You did a kickass job, sir. Keep it up.

Thanks for the feedback "iron_city_cp". Did you try clicking the arrows to the left and right of the beer bottle. I have some rectangular designs, although not square ones, I'll design one of them next ;)

Wonderful job sir. I truely hope you follow through in creating additional labels and designs. By all means, please charge a yearly/monthly fee (a couple of dollars) for access to your application. Excellant job sir. As a former programmer, I'd say you pretty much hit the nail on the head with this one.

My only suggestion would be for matching Neck and and Description labels for each template.

If there is anything I can do to assist PLEASE drop me a line. Template development, etc...

May I ask the commmunity, the labels being utilized here I'm sure wear easily, and most likely don't make it through the cleaning process for a second/third go around. I'm using an inkjet printer, and was thinking of possibly laminating the sticker paper prior to using. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Wonderful job sir. I truely hope you follow through in creating additional labels and designs. By all means, please charge a yearly/monthly fee (a couple of dollars) for access to your application. Excellant job sir. As a former programmer, I'd say you pretty much hit the nail on the head with this one.

My only suggestion would be for matching Neck and and Description labels for each template.

If there is anything I can do to assist PLEASE drop me a line. Template development, etc...

May I ask the commmunity, the labels being utilized here I'm sure wear easily, and most likely don't make it through the cleaning process for a second/third go around. I'm using an inkjet printer, and was thinking of possibly laminating the sticker paper prior to using. Thoughts? Suggestions?

:mug: Thanks for all the feedback guys. I think it wouldn't be too hard to add the ability on a label to upload your own image. Would you want the image to be placed behind all the text (Name of beer, Type of beer, etc) or maybe just have the image above the copy or something?

I certainly do intend to carry on designing/developing more label templates. If you guys have a particular style of label you would like me to work on first then just send me an image of that label and I can use that as a visual guide for designing/developing the new label for the site. I'm really excited that people are finding this site useful.

I would also be keen to hear peoples idea for how to get the labels to stick on bottles. Does the milk trick work for plastic bottles? Because I use plastic bottles here in New Zealand, someone told me glass can be dangerous. If some one can suggest a cheap way to stick the labels onto plastic that would be perfect. I've heard about just using a gluestick, i'm going to try that next.

Andy, the labelizer is awesome! Being an absolute spaz when it comes to design I've really been struggling with my labels, and haven't had any joy trying to find something like this.

As for bottles, glass is fine (better even), as long as you make sure your fermentation is finished (use your hydrometer!)... I use a mix of plastic and glass. I just use avery self adhesive sheets for my labels. I clean my bottles using a sodium percarbonate laundry soaker, which rips them off glass, but isn't so good with the plastic. There is always a residue left on plastic bottles, but I always use the same sized label so just put it over the top.

Outstanding job. Is there any way to save the label? I don't have a color laser printer and typically send mine to my local UPS Store to get them printed.

Outstanding job. Is there any way to save the label? I don't have a color laser printer and typically send mine to my local UPS Store to get them printed.

I think if you look at your print dialog box when it comes up, it might have print as pdf (This actually saves a pdf file). If not then I can build a button to save off a Jpeg when I next update the site.

This is really cool! A non-graphic designer like me needs something like this. I'd be happy to pay a yearly fee for this convenience!

Keep up the good work!

Dtrain

I know a few people were asking for a shield shaped label. So I've now added a shield style label. I've gone all american and added eagles as well!! In New Zealand our national animal is a flightless bird called the kiwi. I don't think that would have looked as cool on a beer label.

shield.jpg

www.beerlabelizer.com

Beer Labelizer is an awesome idea, however I'm missing the possibility to type foreign language/international characters like æ ( æ ), ø ( ø ) and å ( å ) or characters with German umlauts as well as international language accent marks commonly used in French language.

I don't think it's a limitation in Flash as I've seen other Flash applications that will allow these characters as input, but I've no idea what's required to get it to work in your app.

Terrific job, I really like this because I am not a graphic designer either! My beer tastes great, my labels tend to look like they are missing a chromosome.

The designer is great but I am having problems with printing. When I print to my laser printer the center label prints out with a white "box" that overlaps the top two labels and ruins them. The bottom two have have the same white box that overlaps the green part of the center label.

What am I doing wrong?

LOVE this idea! One small addition I would be interested in seeing would be a "bottle-on" date for bottles that would be aged. Great work, though! Keep it up!

This is awesome. Like others I have some suggestions as well. Possibly making the taglines actually case sensitive instead of all caps.

Also, and this may be just me, but I use Letter size paper (8.5" x 11"), not A4 and the printout cuts off the bottom of the last 2 labels. The ability to select page size would be wonderful.

Otherwise, great job. I look forward to the other templates you come up with.

Z.

I'm having the same problem when I print to a file, the printout cuts off the last 2 labels, and the center label has a white square around it that cuts into the top two labels.

Maybe having a # of labels per page option when printing may help?

Also, here in the States, we normally have volume labels in Standard Units (Pints and Fluid Oz.) If you look at one of our "Bomber" bottles, it will say "1 Pint, 6 Fluid Oz" as opposed to milliliters (which takes up less room on the label). I can fit "1 Pint" in the volume area, but not much more than that.

We're also required to put "Alchohol X.X% By Volume"
but...these are issues for those who are actually *selling* beer, not just homebrew (we can do whatever we want). But, for those of us who want our labels to look as "professional" as possible, these are some small things that are required.

Not to mention the Surgeon General's warning, but I highly doubt anyone on here is going to complain about not having that printed on the label :)

And a save option would be awesome. Maybe save as a .GIF?

Thanks again for this really cool software!

And a save option would be awesome. Maybe save as a .GIF?

Thanks again for this really cool software!

yes gif would be good. other options would be good so we could lay it out in various programs. that may also help with the printing issues people have been having.

I use Avery 5164 Shipping labels, that should stick to your plastic/glass/whatever just fine.

Really quite amazing. You should put a "paypal donate" link on there somewhere. Also, I don't know if you're interested in this or not but, if you were to share a rough specification of your image/font format, I'm sure plenty of us would send you new designs.

Back