What did I make?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wsoxfan24

Reaction score
Ok, my brother dropped off a bunch of different ingredients. None for a particular beer. So I decided to put them together an see what I'd get. A Little crazy but it was free. Here are the materials and the how. What type of beer do you think it is?

Extract Brew

6 lbs Extra Light DME
1 lb 60L Carmel
1 lb Cara-Pils
1 oz Mount Hood (60 minutes)
.5 oz Cascade (30)
.5 oz Cascade (15)
.5 oz Cascade (0)
California Ale (White Labs)

wsoxfan24 said:
Ok, my brother dropped off a bunch of different ingredients. None for a particular beer. So I decided to put them together an see what I'd get. A Little crazy but it was free. Here are the materials and the how. What type of beer do you think it is?

Extract Brew

6 lbs Extra Light DME
1 lb 60L Carmel
1 lb Cara-Pils
1 oz Mount Hood (60 minutes)
.5 oz Cascade (30)
.5 oz Cascade (15)
.5 oz Cascade (0)
California Ale (White Labs)
Looks like a sweet American pale ale to me. If you aerated well and pitched plenty of yeast and you can get good attenuation, it might turn out OK. Just watch your fermentation temps -- you want this one to ferment out as much as possible.

Thanks, that's kind of what I thought. It's bubbling real good. we'll see how it turns out.

You've got a pinch of this, a dash of that...

It's an American ale, what else?

:mug:

Here's to a good brew, whatever it's called!

Back