Any other crossfitters/fitness enthusiasts on HBT?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coastarine

We get it, you hate BMC.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My job requires me to stay in shape, and I started getting out of shape after a few months of intense schooling. I'm in the middle of a couple of months of easy sailing and I decided to get back into a good fitness routine. I heard some good things about P90X but didn't want to drop the cash. I had been hearing equally good things about crossfit so I gave it a try. I'm about to finish up my 4th week of it and it freakin rocks. I hate coming up with workouts to do, I always end up in a rut of mediocre low intensity boredom. Now, I can't wait to find out what the next day's workout is going to be. Then when I go, I'm always in and out of the gym in less than an hour, sometimes as little as 20 mins. I never would have thought of doing 150 wallball shots as my entire workout for the day. Todays was particularly awesome, did it in 19:20.

I'm about to start P90x on Monday. It was expensive buying everything (the program, pull up bar, adjustable weight dumbbells,etc.) but I'm hoping it will get me out of the fitness rut I'm in. I've been getting more and more out of shape since high school and need to turn the trend around. Since I'm not in great shape now, I'm expecting it to kick my butt, but it's nice knowing that if you just do what they tell you and eat how they say to, you will get in great shape.

I've been doing variations of crossfit like training whenever I get around going to the gym. My training partner has been working allot so hasn't been able to make it, so I do it at home with alternating calisthenics (based off the 300 workout) and sprinting/running. Although I've been behind this last month. Crossfit is bad ass and the benefits are superb compared to throwing around weight for an hour or two at the gym.

Been doing Crossfit with the team during the last season - Thursday's 'Karen' workout was the worst ever.

I loved karen. Ryan was awful. Today's was interesting, I'm not very good at the olympic lifts yet, so I can't do much weight on those.

I have been doing Crossfit for over 3 months now and I am completely hooked, it is an amazing workout program. I, like you, was getting tired of the normal gym workouts and needed something different and that is definitely what crossfit gave me.

I started out at a crossfit affiliate called CF Jax. Since moving to Reading, PA, I purchased some equipment for my garage gym. I mostly follow their website workouts, www-cfjax-com, and will go to the main site as well.

Do you get any reprimands for doing Crossfit in a regular gym? I have heard of people being asked not to do their CF workouts by management people.

Have you looked into joining an affiliate Crossfit gym? In my opinion, when you are in a "team" environment at an affiliate, your workout performance will be better than if you workout by yourself. Plus, they all typically offer a basics course that will teach you about proper form or improve your form and will walk through all the movements for Crossfit. It is definitely worth the money for those classes alone.

Good luck!
:mug:

No, CF is widely accepted in the military. My last duty station had a sign in the gym asking that you not throw the medicine balls against the wall but other than that no problems. I couldn't bring myself to go to another gym when I have a free membership to one that is 5mins away.

CF is great- But I dont like the randomness and the sometimes incomplete workouts IMO.

I love P90x- and Spinning.

But my first love will always be food and heavy ****ing weights!

Back