FYI: Harbor Freight Angle Grinder $9.99

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Squeeky

Reaction score
Just wanted to mention to those making keggles soon or taking on a polishing project, Harbor Freight has their cheap angle grinder this weekend for $9.99. This is not a top quality product however for the limited use it make a great buy.

Habor Freight Side-Walk Sale

I used to work on a research boat in the Gulf and we used the bejesus out of those grinders. We bought 3 of them just to try and after daily use (and abuse) 2 were still working! The one that died was run over by a forklift. I have had one of these in my garage for 2 years and it still runs like a scalded dog. As long as you are just using them every so often, the $50+ grinders are nice but not necessary.

IMO it's worth the extra $9 to get the "heavy duty" model. I bought one of the $10 ones and fried it after two hours of moderate use. Exchanged for a new one, which died after only one hour of use. Exchanged again, and the last one lasted ~3 hrs, and I finally gave up. I have three of the "heavy duty" model though, and they've been used and abused for years without any issue-

http://www.harborfreight.com/heavy-duty-4-1-2-half-inch-angle-grinder-91223.html

Wow heavy duty one is only $9 more, I say go the heavy duty model if your using to polish.

Back