whose wife/gf helps them bottle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davis119

Reaction score
I was just. Curious who's wifey helps with in my opinion the most tedious part of brewing.

Mine has been good about helping me every time

SWMBO gave up on bottling years ago. Just last week I convinced my 10 1/2 yr old daughter to help me bottle three batches. I offered her $2/ batch, she countered with $3 per batch with the option of quitting if she didn't enjoy it. Long story short, we wound up settling at $2.54 per batch if she helped with all three batches, $2.25 per batch if she quit part way through. She made it through the entire process, and even helped me take notes in the brew log, so I paid her $8 - a little extra because the brew log update was not included in the original deal.

My wife's favorite part of the whole process is helping with bottling. Go figures.

Mine too! She doesn't even like beer, and can't stand the smell of wort/brewing/hops. But she loves filling the bottles. I don't know why, and I don't ask. I love her help!

SWMBO gave up on bottling years ago. Just last week I convinced my 10 1/2 yr old daughter to help me bottle three batches. I offered her $2/ batch, she countered with $3 per batch with the option of quitting if she didn't enjoy it. Long story short, we wound up settling at $2.54 per batch if she helped with all three batches, $2.25 per batch if she quit part way through. She made it through the entire process, and even helped me take notes in the brew log, so I paid her $8 - a little extra because the brew log update was not included in the original deal.
Haha!

I love it!

:mug:

Love it. Win-win.

I get help from my 12 yo. She's been helping me brew and bottle for a while now.

I feel bad the kids do many chores around the house and don't even get allowance.

I lied. I don't feel bad.

magno said:

What does this mean? I know it refers to to wife. I was gunna use it to in the title of the thread bur didn't know the correct order of letters

And for me its me its more that helping bottle. Its helping clean after. Cut I don't know about you guys but I make one hell of a mess lol. That filler spring is very sensitive.......

Mine helps out with bottling most of the time. She also enjoys sampling the beer along the way too, but doesn't consume much of the finished product, which is fine with me!

She used to if I kept her wine glass full. I keg now and she'll help if I need an extra hand. Usually I'm on my own though.

The only thing my wife helps me with is drinking the keg empty!

Did did clean up the kitchen after I plugged the sink disposal with spent grains and they pretty much exploded all over the kitchen! LOL!

Mine helps throughout the whole process. I do most of the work but she'll keep me company and do miscellaneous tasks. She fills while I cap. We had an argument over foam and bottle fill line once, and I reminded her that everything she knows about brewing she learned from me. She is a great help though!

My wife stopped helping with every step of the process about 7 years ago. I keg beer but still need to bottle wine. She is familiar enough with every step that she can do any of it if I'm too busy, but mostly I'm on my own.

Hm. I have no wife, but a wonderful husband who happily caps the bottles. He did mention during the last fill that bottling seemed to be the most tedious element of homebrewing. He also dislikes storing our large collection of empties in the room delegated for the home gym. :D

I see a kegging kit in my future...

Dawnhulio said:
Hm. I have no wife, but a wonderful husband who happily caps the bottles. He did mention during the last fill that bottling seemed to be the most tedious element of homebrewing. He also dislikes storing our large collection of empties in the room delegated for the home gym. :D

I see a kegging kit in my future...

Haha I knew it was only a matter of time before one of the ladies on here chimed in. I hope he drinks it with you

My gf helped me bottle. Then all my beers were not sealed. So I started kegging. She's a great help in drinking it though and padding my ego telling me how good the beer taste. That's all the help I need

No gf or wife for me, does mother count? If so then yes, SWMBO has helped bottle. So has HWMBO (my dad for those confused).

Brew recipe planning/purchasing the boyfriend could care less about. He appears when it starts to smell like wort in the house and then hovers while I do most of the actual brewing work, and fetches me things if I need them; it's handy if I've forgotten or misplaced something and the company is always welcome. At bottling time he's more involved, which is nice because it's way faster with a second person.

I'm trying to get him interested more in the planning and execution of brews, but all he seems to want is the end product!

@Dawnhulio - good luck with that kegging kit! I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya.

My 7yo sanitizes the bottle and hands it to me to fill, then my wife caps and my 3yo puts the bottled beer into the case. We got a system around here!

Alucard1983 said:
my wife says she helps me but... all she does is drink it...

Like I said I wish mine would drink and enjoy it. So then id feel less guilty spending the money making it...... but ill do a summer blonde soon she seem to like them

3y/o helps wash bottles...wife would rather drink the finished product..lol. She is getting better now and I think she is actually starting to get the fever too!

Not my wifey/gf but I get my roommates to help! 4 of us can bottle 5 gallons in about 20 minutes now, including sanitation.

Course they do help quite a bit with the drinking... :tank:

SWMBO helps with everything, even though she's not huge a beer drinker.

She is always there with me. She helps mainly with sanitization, transferring to fermentor(s) and cleanup. She keeps me company during boil too. And at bottling time she's a BEAST! I actually had to tell her to back off because she was denting the caps LOL. "Ya know hon, those are just glass bottles right?"

She says it's a good arm workout. ...uh OK honey...sure! 1 and 2 and 3 and 4... keep going!

just remember you can usually make beer cheaper then buying it so propose it to your wife that way.

Back