Kegerator questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhltechie

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have been lurking for a while and decided to make my own kegerator. I need a compact setup to go in the house....but the only one I have seen lately is the Frigidaire conversion. Are there any other compacts out there that people have used lately....seeing as how getting a sanyo is pretty much outta the question. The placement of the tower so close to the front of the fridge is really not what i was looking for....and i definetly want a tower setup.

TIA,

M

good luck on this I have been searching for a while now. I was wanting the same thing, a tower setup, but was unable to find anything. I just decided that I was going to convert an old freezer that we have.

I FOUND, oops sorry I'm yelling...my sanyo on Craig's list for $70, and I see them all the time for that price, but you have to be quick. I have a two tower set up with the CO2 in the fridge too. I love my kegerator...
Library - 241.jpg

Library - 244.jpg

Library - 245.jpg

Library - 246.jpg

Anyone know if the SANYO SR-4912M is the model of what was used a while back?

Just exactly HOW compact do you need it to be? The Sanyo was what I was going to go with originally but they're either super hard to find, or are expensive as hell - what I did was bought a chest freezer from Lowes for less than I would have paid for the Sanyo and I have room to grow now too. I thought about the 5.0 cubic foot one (which will hold 2 cornys without a collar), which is relatively compact and not too expensive, but when I got there they had a sale on the 6.8 cubic foot one for just $30 more (this was a few months ago). The only real added expense you will need to add if you go the chest freezer route is a temperature controller ($60 for analog, $120 for digital).

You should look into it. Again, I don't know exactly HOW compact you needed it to be.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Thanks for the reply. My issue with the freezer deal is I really want a tower setup. As well as I have keep this in my kitchen so i am under the conditions that it has to be aesthetically pleasing.... In other words if it can't be pretty and fit into the decor then I am overruled. Lol

I just bought a Danby DAR440BL from Walmart and will eventually convert it to a kegerator. Here's a link i found regarding converting it.

You can do a tower setup with a freezer. I did. As for it being aesthetically pleasing there are a lot of people on this site that have gone way above and beyond to make their rigs look like furniture - now whether or not it will be considered "furniture" (or "acceptable" for that matter) by the lady will never be known. As I'm sure you know, they tend to change their minds more than the weather....at least mine does.

Good luck!

Back