Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone else but me think that Tap handles are way overkill looking anf feeling for the faucets!? I never noticed until I built my keezer. I guess I never poured from one. But this giant lever you could use to pivot a moose, with the lightest pull ever. I like the feeling of the smaller black ones better, but of course the alrge ones look nicer.

I agree, and I think its all about marketing. I bet that back in the day there was game of one brewer's tap handle being the biggest so a competitor made theirs bigger...until we have the monsters of today.

Alohanole,

Love the Karl Strauss handle... used to go to the Sorrento Valley location for
"Dollar Beers on Sundays!" an the Downtown location for late night happy hour. One of the first and for a time the best in San Diego. Nice to see an old favorite being appreciated on the board.

Just getting ready to do my keezer build soon. I'll take pictures as it developes.

Todd

Battery_BreweryNJ, I love The Shipyard tap handle too (obviously). I can't say I have tried their export yet, but I look forward to it.

Tiko, thanks for the kind words. I've got a good Russian Imperial Stout in bottles if you want to do a swap. What do you have going? Also, check out the Utah Brewers Group on this site. Their is a post about doing a tasting soon. Try to make it if you can (and say so in the thread). Cheers.

Nice work, Brad. I love the personalized tapper. Did you do that or did someone make it for you?

Smart choice on the perlick faucet as well.

I have to say I was a little weirded out when called by name. I know it's in my profile, but just common on the forum. I was like... Who's outside my window! :ban:

haha not a problem, just caught me off guard. I really need a new Forum name, This is the one I used on my first ever forum nearly 10 years ago. Just stuck with it. Not relevant to anything anymore beside history. Oh well Enough :off:
Back to Keg Pron

malnutrition- TURN YOUR CO2 TANK RIGHT SIDE UP!

Save your regulators from getting liquid CO2 in them and messing them up... Looks good though!

Lil_Kegger_Front.JPG

Lil_Kegger.JPG

Sorry it's just easier if you wrap link with
or paste using the little mountain button above the text box :mug:

Hey alohanole,

Those midwest manafolds are great. Did you know that you can take out the end bolt plug and switch it out with a check valve? I needed a 5way for my next fridge convo and midwest only goes up to a 4way so I just bought a 4way and a check valve. its a tight nut but it comes out.

Hey alohanole,

Those midwest manafolds are great. Did you know that you can take out the end bolt plug and switch it out with a check valve? I needed a 5way for my next fridge convo and midwest only goes up to a 4way so I just bought a 4way and a check valve. its a tight nut but it comes out.

Excellent advice! I have the room in the keezer and I may want to add a 5th standard tap!

This is my kegerator. A little over a year old. I found some old scales with RS232 output and a USB temperature sensor, and then I wrote some custom software to monitor the temperature and how much beer is left in each keg. All of which I can monitor realtime anywhere from my phone.

The "talking" part is other software I wrote for parties where it will say things when people pour a beer, or yell at you if you leave the kegerator open too long.

keg2.jpg

Here is an update on mine! No more picnic taps! I haven't actually made the first pour yet, the kegs are getting cold. Just finished that up today. The stout faucet won't be hooked up until I buy some beergas either.
DSCF1016.JPG

This is my kegerator. A little over a year old. I found some old scales with RS232 output and a USB temperature sensor, and then I wrote some custom software to monitor the temperature and how much beer is left in each keg. All of which I can monitor realtime anywhere from my phone.

The "talking" part is other software I wrote for parties where it will say things when people pour a beer, or yell at you if you leave the kegerator open too long.

keg2.jpg

We need a video of your fridge talking!!! that would be cool!
I have it programmed so if there was only 4-5 beer left in each keg it would tell people at the party it was empty and to step back. leaves alittle more for you!

After all these works of homebrew art, I'm almost ashamed to post my setup...but hey, it keeps da' beer cold! Just picked up this fridge for cheap on CL, and I added a dual pressure regulator and CO2 tank on the outside. The dual regulator was another craigslist steal. I plan on painting this fridge at some point, but I just haven't decided quite how I want it to look. As of now, I cut out the door shelving to make room for more kegs and I'll be putting up a piece of plywood for rigidity and for mounting the taps through the door.

Dual pressure, 30psi & 10psi:
DSCF0006.JPG

Simple SS tee for serving lines, other line is for carbing:
DSCF0011.JPG

Hop and frosty glass storage:
DSCF0013.JPG

And...room for at least one more keg (or some IIPA and Bigfoot :-D):
DSCF0015.JPG

Here is an update on mine! No more picnic taps! I haven't actually made the first pour yet, the kegs are getting cold. Just finished that up today. The stout faucet won't be hooked up until I buy some beergas either.
DSCF1016.JPG

Classy.. I like..

Whats on the sheets? looksl ike a write-up on each beer

After all these works of homebrew art, I'm almost ashamed to post my setup...but hey, it keeps da' beer cold! Just picked up this fridge for cheap on CL, and I added a dual pressure regulator and CO2 tank on the outside. The dual regulator was another craigslist steal. I plan on painting this fridge at some point, but I just haven't decided quite how I want it to look. As of now, I cut out the door shelving to make room for more kegs and I'll be putting up a piece of plywood for rigidity and for mounting the taps through the door.

DSCF0006.JPG

Simple SS tee for serving lines, other line is for carbing:
DSCF0011.JPG

Hop and frosty glass storage:
DSCF0013.JPG

And...room for at least one more keg (or some IIPA and Bigfoot :-D):
DSCF0015.JPG

Hmmm unless im missing something, but the outlet on your CO2 tank is pushing up to 1600PSI.. and you've got that going thru standard bev tubing before it gets stepped down at the regulator mounted at the side of the fridge?

I would not think your hose is rated for that type of pressure, so maybe im missing something?

I think that is actually a spare line for force carbing, correct? If you look, there is a black (high pressure) hose on the in line of the dual regulator set up. It's just hard/misleading looking at the tank connection due to lighting and the spare one dangling there.

At least, I hope it's high pressure line- Good looking out!

I think that is actually a spare line for force carbing, correct? If you look, there is a black (high pressure) hose on the in line of the dual regulator set up. It's just hard/misleading looking at the tank connection due to lighting and the spare one dangling there.

At least, I hope it's high pressure line- Good looking out!

Yep, you're right, it's high pressure tubing. The black line kind of goes behind the fridge, and is hard to see. The two lines going through the side of the fridge are 30psi and 10psi.

Nice. Can you give any details on the scales and where you found them? I briefly looked into some sensors for the same purpose and anything I found was way too pricey for me.

DSCF0006.JPG

Did you do anything to ensure a seal around the two gas lines running in to your fridge? I have a similar old fridge and my drain hole is covered between the fridge and freezer, so I think that drilling is my only option. I'm toying with the idea of a shank to ensure no leaking, unless of course there is an easier/cheaper method.

Did you do anything to ensure a seal around the two gas lines running in to your fridge? I have a similar old fridge and my drain hole is covered between the fridge and freezer, so I think that drilling is my only option. I'm toying with the idea of a shank to ensure no leaking, unless of course there is an easier/cheaper method.

I don't think so, but the only reason is that I could barely get the tubing through the holes. The seal around them is very tight, so no cold air is getting out. I was toying with the idea of sealing around them with silicone, but I want the ability to pull out the excess hose if I need to.

I've looked thru every one of the pages in this thread for a while taking in all the woes and successes that everyone went thru in theirs. Here is mine for now. Needs another coat of white paint and the third tap installed with drip tray to come. Holds 4 kegs and the gas. Thanks to every one that shared their pics and time with advice as it all helped immensely.

Cant wait till I finally get to pour that first beer out of it.

2009_01270044.jpg

2009_01270047.jpg

hey guys long time reader looking to get into the home brewing amazing website you guys have going on....first things first though kegarator just found this fridge on the good ol CL waiting for a reply i could do amazing things with it

Kenmore Mini Fridge

I don't care what they say, size IS important LOL

If you look to the bottom right of the freezer you can see the grate where the compressor hump is. This hump is pretty darn tall and without the extra hight of the collar I could only fit 2 kegs in a 220L (7cub) freezer. Brings the taps up to a better serving height too imo.

We need a video of your fridge talking!!! that would be cool!
I have it programmed so if there was only 4-5 beer left in each keg it would tell people at the party it was empty and to step back. leaves alittle more for you!

That's a good idea

This is an old video I took to demo a couple of the things it says:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AKeBe4ZN3w]YouTube - KegClient_v0.1[/ame]

There have been some updates since

I don't care what they say, size IS important LOL

If you look to the bottom right of the freezer you can see the grate where the compressor hump is. This hump is pretty darn tall and without the extra hight of the collar I could only fit 2 kegs in a 220L (7cub) freezer. Brings the taps up to a better serving height too imo.

You have good reasoning then- I would just hate lifting full kegs into that! (I'm also jealous because I have a Sanyo 4912 conversion and can only fit two kegs!)

You have good reasoning then- I would just hate lifting full kegs into that! (I'm also jealous because I have a Sanyo 4912 conversion and can only fit two kegs!)

That's why I attached my collar to the top. No added height when lifting kegs AND you don't have to worry about banging the shanks and other hardware when lifting kegs in and out.

I can't believe I was seriously debating which way to do it at the time. To lighten the load on the hinges (although when open it is fairly well balanced), I used a sandwhich of 1/4" masonite surounding 1" of foil backed foam.

Actually when I stand in front of it and lift my elbow height is still above the collar height taking out using my back. And I'm only using 19lt cornys. Its not hard or straining putting them in at all. The pics make it look higher than it is :mug:

Back