Top Ten Best Beer Names

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember a couple of years ago, the Sandlot Brewery at Coors Field in Denver entered a beer at GABF called "Most Beer Judges Are Boneheads"

Funny thing is...it won a silver medal in the European Style Pilsner category. :D

***** Creek ESB always gets me a lot of funny looks, and Pig's Ass Porter. For the life of me I can't remember either of those breweries, but they're out west. And of course Moose Drool by Big Sky is a good one.

It is excellent. It's the first beer I had in Montana! I had flown out for a dinosaur dig and stayed at some skeezy cowboy hotel in town that night, and had a few Moose Drools at the bar. Lots of fun!

It is excellent. It's the first beer I had in Montana! I had flown out for a dinosaur dig and stayed at some skeezy cowboy hotel in town that night, and had a few Moose Drools at the bar. Lots of fun!

I actually had my first on on tap at McChord AFB in Washington state. I drank way too much of it at a little pub across from where we were doing laundry. We were ordering by the pitcher and, from what I remember, MANY pitchers were consumed! I can't remember if we got any laundry done...

moosedrool is my favorite. I was raised in MT and everytime I go home, I get a couple of 12 packs. Nothing better than Howards Pizza and a Moose Drool on tap. Has anyone tried AHS clone?

Santa's Butt is the only one on the list that I have had... but I remember it being quite tasty.

Arrogant Bastard Ale comes to mind.

Hot sauces have the best names, though. What other food called "Sphincter Buster" would you still splash all over your burrito?

What's funny is the guy who wrote the article, Joe Redner, owns multiple strip clubs in the Tampa area. I didn't know he wrote for an online newspaper.

Originally posted by BrewWench
***** Creek ESB always gets me a lot of funny looks, and Pig's Ass Porter. For the life of me I can't remember either of those breweries, but they're out west.

***** Creek is brewed by Grand Teton Brewing Co. in Victor Idaho. I stopped in there a few years ago at 9AM and sampled several of there beers. :drunk:

Pigs Ass Porter is brewed by Harvest Moon Brewing Co. in Belt Montana. Also stopped in there on my way east from Glacier National Park. Had several of there beers and bought a Pigs Ass Porter t-shirt.

Thanks Brewtopia! I think Harvest also makes Beltian White, right? That's pretty excellent too. There are so many small northwest breweries that after you move away from it all, it's easy to get them mixed up!

Back