JBLM Brewfest 2013

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm pretty pumped up about this one too. I've got a few entries and looking forward to seeing how they do. Just need to stay away from the kegs until then :drunk:

I know that this is the same as a growler, but is there anything special that I should do to fill bottles from my keg? Outside of just fill it up, and cap that is.

Nope just turn the pressure down and slowly fill it. I use my picnic portable tap with a filler stem on it and fill up the bottle.

I'll be entering an bringing my Chocolate Bacon Porter. I might throw a Hoppy Honey Porter in as well.

Any you guys military?

TheLastAvenger said:
I'll be entering an bringing my Chocolate Bacon Porter. I might throw a Hoppy Honey Porter in as well.

Any you guys military?

I'm military. Got an IPA and a Hefe bottled up and ready to go. Putting my porter in as well so looks like I'll be going up against your brews. Haha! Good luck everybody. Hope the judges give good notes. Cheers!

crazy, I already entered this, but it's a nice heads up to know that I have to have $10 at the door in order to get in for the awards ceremony. however it sucks that I won't be there until late in the day.

Good Luck everyone, when I entered there where 65 entrants thusfar

Yeah, you can bring some of your own brew to the ceremony, and get in for free, as it is be for others to taste. I'm in the Army as well.

Any you guys military?

If your still rocking the bacon porter I'll be willing to meet up with and swap a bottle or two I have the rye ipa and a stout the stout is about a week away from kegging just let me know.

JLP, for sure, and congrats again!

Are you part of a brewing club or anything, or do you brew with anyone? My usual partner is deployed, so I'm all solo right now. I'd love to see how you make a best of show beer!

JLP, for sure, and congrats again!

Are you part of a brewing club or anything, or do you brew with anyone? My usual partner is deployed, so I'm all solo right now. I'd love to see how you make a best of show beer!

Thank you, it was sheer luck. I am going to start going to the HoPS Clubs meetings, but I am not a member of any club right now. My girlfriend normally helps me out, and learns as we go along. Get busy with work sometimes, but I always have time for beer. Let me know when you are brewing next, and I will do the same for you.

Back