Coolbot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cabby58

Reaction score
Has anyone here heard of this? A friend said he uses this with a window air conditioner to make a walk in cooler. It is supposed to fool the air conditioner control to make it cool down to 32 degrees. There is a web page about it. I did a search for Coolbot. I guess a person would need a lot of room, but from what I read it is considerably cheaper than buying a walk in.

i'd think at that point the condensation in the air conditioner would freeze on the metal coils causing the AC to stop blowing cool air?

i'd think at that point the condensation in the air conditioner would freeze on the metal coils causing the AC to stop blowing cool air?

The entire point is the unit cycles to prevent that.

Bypassing the thermostat on them risks this much more, even with a temp controller. I've seen one of these units in place and it kept it at 37 degrees. Had about 5 inches of insulation surrounding it.

Back