1st beer in secondary, What's next?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolf08gang

Reaction score
My first brew (Papazian's Toad Spit Stout) is in the secondary. Everything seems to be going just fine.
Now I want to step it up a notch. I'm thinking about doing a partial mash, and would prefer something with a lighter body so I'll have some variety on hand.
Does anybody have any suggestions for a pm recipe. I can't lager, as I don't have an extra fridge sitting around.

Thanks

How about a good summer/session beer like a pale ale? I've only done AG and extract, but I would think you could make a pretty good pale ale PM.

How cool can you keep your fermenter? I posted a recipe for a PM Kolsch. It has been in bottles for 15 days, opened one last weekend, and it was excellent. Trying to wait until at least this weekend to really start drinking.

The spot I'm fermenting in now stays prettty consistent around 65*. I have another spot that stays around 70-75*.

I'm going to try lagering in my garage in the winter. For right now though, I only have the above.

wolf08gang said:
The spot I'm fermenting in now stays prettty consistent around 65*. I have another spot that stays around 70-75*.

I'm going to try lagering in my garage in the winter. For right now though, I only have the above.

Kolsch would ferment perfect at that temp. Ideally you would lower the temp for conditioning, but with a water bath you might be able to get it down.

Back