Sanyo 4912 Freon Line Confirmation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewer3401

Reaction score
Bought 2 months ago and finally drilled holes in top. 2.50" hole dead center and 1.50" hole for drain line for drip pan.
Followed Buford's plans exactly, so it is identical.
Even though this worked for me, if you do, I'd do the vodka and corn startch trick.
Even without that, with the top off, you can feel warm and cool spots on the top of the frig.

I didn't bother checking-pilot hole on center lines of plastic top-transferred down to top of fridge- then 2 1/2" hole saw.

I just roll like that....

I didn't have any alcohol so I found an old box of alcohol swabs...those little things you wipe your skin with before you give and injection???

Took me longer to clean up those damn foil wrappers (about 20 of them) than it did to drill the hole.

PS - $100 says that line is always exactly 7" from the back, runs left to right. Just in case you don't have any alcohol either....

Brewer3401 said:
Bought 2 months ago and finally drilled holes in top. 2.50" hole dead center and 1.50" hole for drain line for drip pan.
Followed Buford's plans exactly, so it is identical.
Even though this worked for me, if you do, I'd do the vodka and corn startch trick.
Even without that, with the top off, you can feel warm and cool spots on the top of the frig.
I have been thinking of picking up a Sanyo 4912... but where are these Buford's plans you speak of? I need some DIY instructions on how to convert that fridge into a kegerator.

olllllo said:
I didn't mean to jump all over you, but it happens to be the most written about diy on this board. :mug:
its ok i knew i would probably get that type of response i am sure it is a question that every noobs asks. I sure it gets old. again thanks for the link.

spiderman6969 said:
its ok i knew i would probably get that type of response i am sure it is a question that every noobs asks. I sure it gets old. again thanks for the link.
Just try to refrain from... "did I kill my yeast?"

Good luck on the project...don't hesitate to post questions. That's what a forum is for.

BierMuncher said:
Just try to refrain from... "did I kill my yeast?"

Good luck on the project...don't hesitate to post questions. That's what a forum is for.

Yeah most people here will blast you for being a newb and then answer your question
OR
answer your question and then blast you for being a newb.

olllllo said:
Yeah most people here will blast you for being a newb and then answer your question
OR
answer your question and then blast you for being a newb.
LOL.

Either way...you're gonna get a newb blasting... :D

Right of passage kinda thing...ya know?

Back