Fruit Beer Peach Hefe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thoughts?

• Did you use fresh peaches?

• Did you enjoy this beer?

• Did you force carb or bottle condition?

• Would you brew this again?

Results are only viewable after voting.

coderbond

Reaction score
Recipe Type
All Grain
Yeast
Safale WB-06
Yeast Starter
None
Additional Yeast or Yeast Starter
None
Batch Size (Gallons)
Original Gravity
Final Gravity
Boiling Time (Minutes)
Primary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp)
7 @ 72
Secondary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp)
7 @ 72
Tasting Notes
Starts like a typical wb-06 Hefe, slightly bitter on the back, sublte peach nose
5.5 Pale Malt
4.5 Wheat

1oz Hallertau or Hallertau Hers

Safale wb-06

7lbs - Pealed and Pitted Peaches

Boil 60, Hop Addition 60

Pitch dry yeast

Ferment in primary 7 days

After Peach addition ferment another 7 days in primary
----------------------------------

*Peach Preperation - Peal and pit peaches until you get 7 to 8 lbs. Place the peaches on the stove on medium heat, stir and mash with your hands until the heat gets to you. Switch to a stirring utinsel and bring the temperature to 170 - 180 stirring constantly. Place the pot of peaches into a ice bath for 15 to 20 minutes. Add the peaches to the primary fermentor, right on top of the yeast cake and all.

**Caution**
I ferment everything in glass, this could happen with buckets as well . I had the peaches clog the air lock and blew the bung and air lock out of the carboy... Needless to say, Peaches and beer everywhere.

the ceiling in my half bath
photo2.JPG

No explanation needed
photo1.JPG

Pic problems? view them Here

Has anyone gotten around to brewing this? I'm interested in brewing more of a higher Gravity Peach Wheat Ale but are looking for some ideas of where to start,

I have tried peach wheat before, tho the recipe was a bit different:
2-row pale: 4lbs
Wheat malt: 5lbs
Flaked wheat: 1.5lbs

I pitched it onto 6lbs of frozen peaches, and while it smelled nice for the first few days/week the peach flavor fell flat by the time it had finished bottle conditioning. If I decide to try it again I have heard that adding apricots will help maintain the peach body thru fermentation.

And if you wanted to up the gravity, I would suggest using honey. Tho I say that because I am not a fan of drying out my wheat beers with sugar or rice extract. It would be tricky to pull off without knocking the peach out completely, but it sounds like a fun challenge!

Latest posts

Back