Cold activated bottle caps, who's tried them?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't tried them yet, I think it would be a cool thing to show the kids. Usually I'm only picking up 1/2 of a #2 can at a time. My LHBS has one sitting in the fridge as well as the rest of them on the shelf, turns a light - medium shade of blue.

Funny, but I find most homebrews are better as they raise in temp, I even like lagers at 40-45. I guess it'd be good to know when to remove a bottle from a fridge when quick chilling.

I bought them more for the fun factor then anything else. I'm bottling tomorrow and let you know what I think In a few weeks. Cheers!

I bought some because I wanted white and that's what they had. I haven't used them yet.

First time I bought the plain silver, 2nd time I took my son with me and he picked the american flags, next time I'll take one of the girls and see what they pick, I'll let them know what they do.

Haven't tried them yet, I think it would be a cool thing to show the kids. Usually I'm only picking up 1/2 of a #2 can at a time. My LHBS has one sitting in the fridge as well as the rest of them on the shelf, turns a light - medium shade of blue.

So does mine. You aren't from Vancouver, wa are you? Haha

I looked at them but they're 50 cents more than the oxygen absorbing caps and since I usually write on the bottle caps to remember what beer it is I decided to pass on them.

I see they're also o2 barrier caps. I guess they're more for interest than anything better than regular o2 barrier caps.

I have been using them and think they add a fun factor when telling friends. Besides that... they are just bottle caps. But I'll buy em again fasho

I probalby won't ever bother picking them up unless they are the only thing there and I absolutely need caps now. Reason being is I let my homebrews sit in the fridge for 2- days before drinking so as to let the carbonation to really settle into the beer. If they are around 40F at that time then I have bigger issues to worry about than my beer being warm.

Back