So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would be if AHS ships my package. I order it friday morning and still hasnt shipped and last one i order friday afternoon and it got here wednesday. I hope it ships out soon, i might be doing an after work brew session.

DisturbdChemist said:
I would be if AHS ships my package. I order it friday morning and still hasnt shipped and last one i order friday afternoon and it got here wednesday. I hope it ships out soon, i might be doing an after work brew session.

Mine took a little longer to process as well, I ordered Saturday and it shipped Wednesday. Once it did ship it only took three days.

I ordered my latest haul from midwest last Friday. Just got it about 5:3X. Darn snow storm keeps circling around the area of OH,MI,MN for a couple weeks now. Plus all the HB'ing in winter anyway. I've gotten stuff from them 2 days after ordering in better weather. Midwest rocks! :rockin:

Been brewing like crazy the past few weeks/months. Impending snowstorm might have power outages in my area so I am brewing tomorrow morning...predawn. The things we do for our passions.

Its going to be an Imperial Amber/red

This weekend i will either be brewing a SMASH Nugget IPA or Porter. Kinda wish i could brew both but i dont have the primary fermentors.

A lot of my big jugs & such got tossed over time. I need to find something to make starters in for my dark lager first. Then my Hopped & Confused ale. Both will be using WL029 yeast. It's an ale/kolsh yeast with a clean,lager like flavor they say. We'll see...

I will be brewing a 10 gallon batch of rye pale ale to be blended with other 10 gallon batches and then aged in a bourbon barrel with my HB club. Super excited.

Surly Abrasive clone. Goodies from AUstin homebrew.

image-715713782.jpg

Having a duel brew tomorrow with a couple of friends. I'm making a founders porter clone, not sure what my friend is making

Mine took a little longer to process as well, I ordered Saturday and it shipped Wednesday. Once it did ship it only took three days.

i called them yesterday. They said they were out of two things i ordered and waiting. I got no notification about this i thought they were just sitting on their thumbs. It was two things i did not need for the brew but i told them to send it out anyway and send the others when they get them in. I'm not happy but i'll just have to push my brew day back. First time having problems with them and hopefully the last. They're usually really good.

Well,midwest didn't have the Cooper's heritage lager can I needed for a dark lager recipe from ohcrap. Lhbs was a nogo as well. Had to order it from DIY this morning. But I can still get a starter going for the German yeast I'll also be using in version2 of my Hopped & Confused ale,a partial mash ale that thinks it's a light lager recipe. Version1 going in the fridge tonight for a week.
I wanted the dark lager to be ready using the WL029 yeast for my b-day the end of next month. Idk now...?

Brewing a house favorite kit from my lhbs called Robust Porter. It'll be my first porter so pretty exited. Also my first brew to bottle via the Blichmann beer gun.

Bottling 5 gallons of Belgiego (that's Belgium and San Diego) IPA (a hoppy IPA brewed with Belgian Golden Ale yeast, Magnum, Simcoe and Amarillo wort hops and dry hopped with Citra and Belma) and 5 gallons of a Grapefruit IPA (same wort, San Diego Super Yeast and dry hopped with Cascade, Centennial and fresh grapefruit zest). Hoping to brew another 7 gallons of Russian Imperial Stout ala Old Rasputin if time allows.

I'm brewing a Mango Habenero IIPA this weekend as a request from a buddy. Apparently he had one at a homebrew competition put on by Stone last year and loved it.

I'm going to make the Zombie Dust clone with more bitterness and and corn sugar, then in secondary I will put some Habenero infused vodka and most likely Mango flavoring in it. Should be an interesting beer.

Doing the famous SWMBO Slayer recipe with bottle-harvested Bell's Winter White yeast. Again.

Making somekind of RedIPA.Got some honeymalt and ambermalt,wonder if the buiscuit malt I have also would be unnessesary because of the ambermalt? Toasting some oats too.

Getting ready for a hefty weekend.... I'm doing a RIS, she is doing a saison, and we are walking a friend through his first partial mash

image-2899785865.jpg

Just got 5 gallons of Hard Cider going, tomorrow will brew Honey Weizen with corriander and orange peel and on deck is a Honey Amber. Guess who just scored a deal on some fresh honey at the farmer market :rockin:

Does Friday night count as "this weekend"?

...well, if not, screw you; it was a good hour into Saturday morning before I got my kettle disassembled and rinsed and got around to tasting my hydrometer sample.

Got about 4.75 gallons of Citra/Cascade IPA sitting in the swamp cooler with yeasties hopefully already starting their work. Yeah, gotta work on kettle trub losses, but what this batch lacks in volume, it already seems to be making up for in flavor. This will be my fourth run at an IPA; I'm optimistic I'll finally be satisfied with the level of hoppiness.

Hmmm... guess I'd better go disconnect my burner from the house gas supply before I stumble off to bed...

Im going to start brewing a Blonde Ale in about an hour, right after I have my coffee.

I love brew days, we always start our brewing session's with a toast to the brew. :tank:

Theirs just something special about having a home brew for breakfast, and brew day's are the only time we ever do this for some reason. :smack:

Hmmm, might have to think about that one, lol

Cheers :mug:

Bottled 5 gallons of apfelwein and 2.5 gallons of my first all grain Oktoberfest yesterday, about to mash in a 2.5 gallon stovetop Fizzy Yellow as soon as the water gets to temp.

If I brew is going to have to be with what I have on hand. Brew store its holed up in the blizzard, 2 ft over night still coming hard now I don't think the 50 mph and white out conditions help.

Let's see.. I've got some light dme, about 8 lbs of 2 row, a lb of munich, some caramel 60, and a just lb of perle hops. (Been trying to work down my stock for re structuring guess I should have waited. For yeast I've got some wyeast 3522 some pacman, some wyeast abby II. Since Thames valley, And a few packs of various dry yeast.

Maybe a Belgian IPA? the 2 row, and Munich touch of the caramel, aggressive schedule with the perle, then maybe the 3522 for a fruity aroma? Thoughts?

I'll be racking a leavenworth eightmile alt into the secondary today and making a starter for tomorrow. Tomorrow, I'm brewing a Tripel IPA.

Back