Homemade Soda --- New Book...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EFaden

Reaction score
Hey All,

Just thought I would post about what Brown just delivered. I ordered this a while back and it finally came out last week. It is a book by Andrew Schloss called "Homemade Soda: 200 Recipes for Making and Using.... ". It is actually a pretty cool book and he has a ton of recipes. I actually contacted him about scaling the recipes for use in my kegerator... I'll let you know how they turn out.

If you are interested it is at http://www.amazon.com/Homemade-Soda-Sparkling-Carbonated-Concoctions/dp/1603427961/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1305673156&sr=8-1

I am not all the way through the book yet, but it does have a number of recipes that sound awesome and I plan to try. Thats all for now... let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks promising as a resource. Is it scaled for a single glass/pitcher, what people who buy soda water would do? At least for the soda recipes.

Looks promising as a resource. Is it scaled for a single glass/pitcher, what people who buy soda water would do? At least for the soda recipes.

Most of the recipes in the book are either scaled for a single glass mixed with seltzer or to be used in a soda siphon (so more for the people that buy seltzer). They are also volume based recipes. I emailed the author and he responded and is going to help get me started converting a couple of the recipes to a weight based formulation so I can keg them... volume based measurements can have issues with scaling due to error etc..... When I emailed him he emailed me back within 36 hours... (I was really impressed). I'll post an update once this semester is done and I have a chance to play with a few of the recipes. I plan to test them in a "medium" scale using a 2L bottle and a carbonator cap...

A lot of the recipes look interesting... especially some of the root beers... one seems to look similar to a Virgil's (I think thats the first one on my list).

Have you get a chance to make one in the keg yet? I also own the book and would like like to be able to make them in 5gal keg.

Have you get a chance to make one in the keg yet? I also own the book and would like like to be able to make them in 5gal keg.

I just purchased the Kindle version of the book and also will be interrested in 5 gal kegging recipies.

Still haven't had a chance. I'm in medical school, so my time is limited. On the to do list though.

Back