CO2 leak from you know what

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

90sShooter

Reaction score
I am having the worst luck with this system I picked up used from a local guy of Craigslist. First keg filled and hooked up emptied a tank in under a week. Turns out I forgot the gasket. 2nd tank lasted 2 weeks. Turned out the regulator was not on tight enough. So this time the guys at the shop put the gasket in and tightened the regulator like his life depended on it. To make sure there were no leaks, I submersed the top of the tank including regulator in water for several minutes and no bubbles. This time the tank lasted maybe 3 weeks and approximately a 5g keg and part of a half barrel. What is going on here?! Do I have a leak in the line? It is the standard vinyl or rubber tubing and looks good. Also secured at both ends by clamps. Is it possible my couplings have a leak? This is really wearing me down and now I'm $40 in to CO2 and have only gone thru 2 5g kegs and maybe a quarter of a half barrel. Please help before I waste more money. Thanks guys!

When I first set up my system I thought I was air tight at all hose connections...but are you quick disconnects tight??? I found my leaks there....good luck, it can be a real hassle

take a deep breath,drink a good brew, and soap that **** down to find the leak(leaks). one day soon you will LOL about this. dont dunk your reg. hit it with a spray bottle filled with soapy water.

Assuming you get the bottle filled at a welding supply pick up a bottle of leak detect compound, such as that made by Contesco, while you're there. It will do a much better job at finding leaks than soapy water.

Latest posts

Back