fast crazy yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scoto

Reaction score
Today Sat. 9th of Jan is first day of fermentation. the yeast is going crazy and bubbling up through my air-lock. Is it ok or should I run a hose out of it ???

scoto, I just brewed my batch and transfered to the ferment last night around 7:00am and I am having the same issue. my airlock is not keeping up at all. I replaced with a hose and its working wonders.:rockin:

You should only be getting CO2 gas bubbles in your airlock. Any liquid, yeasties, etc should tell you to use a blow off. There are probably a bunch of pictures here of what happens when your airlock clogs... and blows the top off your fermenter.

Thanks for the info ! I put a hose in after removing the air-lock and the bubbling is still VERY ACTIVE . Not crazy. This is only my third batch , didn't realize this is a common issue .

14 months out of work and brewing beer is my excitement ! look forward to every batch now

Back