Lime Jalapeno - Awesome at bottling!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dewwby

Reaction score
So, again I started with a simple mead recipe....found anywhere on the net. But it was:
15 lbs honey
2 oz nutrient
water to make 6 gallons
Prim De Mousse (spelling?) yeast

Note I do not boil my must, I just put the honey containers in a hot water bath to pour easier then add water and nutrient. Sprinkle yeast on top and stir in after 12 hours.

Once I racked into the secondary (about 3 weeks). I added 30 limes and 15 jalapenos (cut of course).

That sat for about 3 weeks.
Boy did it have some activity in the secondary! I had to keep tipping to force the CO2 out of the bottle as it was pushing the fruit to the top and into the airlock. Next time I will put back into a plastic bucket fermentor and use a blow off tube.

After the 3 weeks I racked over again and added the super kleer. Let me tell you that super kleer is the bomb! I have never seen a clarifying agent work so fast and so well. Last night I decided to rack into another (5 gallon) carboy to remove the sediment. Let that sit there for a 2 months and bottled last night.

Got 12 1.75 bottles. Well and a half which I am trying. Nice and clear. The lime and Jalapeno have blended real nicely. Just enough heat and it goes away fast. This stuff is great. Cannot wait to see how it is in May or June.

I think this would go great while eating fish tacos or just about any other mexican dish! More to come in May! This is definitely a do again recipe.

Did u do seeds and all for the jalapeños?? Sounds interesting for sure!! I have a jalapeño wine going right now and the peppers have stained the fermenting equipment smell wise...maybe I should make lime wine or mead in the equipment next!!

dewwby said:
So, again I started with a simple mead recipe....found anywhere on the net. But it was:
15 lbs honey
2 oz nutrient
water to make 6 gallons
Prim De Mousse (spelling?) yeast

Note I do not boil my must, I just put the honey containers in a hot water bath to pour easier then add water and nutrient. Sprinkle yeast on top and stir in after 12 hours.

Once I racked into the secondary (about 3 weeks). I added 30 limes and 15 jalapenos (cut of course).

That sat for about 3 weeks.
Boy did it have some activity in the secondary! I had to keep tipping to force the CO2 out of the bottle as it was pushing the fruit to the top and into the airlock. Next time I will put back into a plastic bucket fermentor and use a blow off tube.

After the 3 weeks I racked over again and added the super kleer. Let me tell you that super kleer is the bomb! I have never seen a clarifying agent work so fast and so well. Last night I decided to rack into another (5 gallon) carboy to remove the sediment. Let that sit there for a 2 months and bottled last night.

Got 12 1.75 bottles. Well and a half which I am trying. Nice and clear. The lime and Jalapeno have blended real nicely. Just enough heat and it goes away fast. This stuff is great. Cannot wait to see how it is in May or June.

I think this would go great while eating fish tacos or just about any other mexican dish! More to come in May! This is definitely a do again recipe.
sswtwwtwwwttwewwt
se

ow

Did u do seeds and all for the jalapeños?? Sounds interesting for sure!! I have a jalapeño wine going right now and the peppers have stained the fermenting equipment smell wise...maybe I should make lime wine or mead in the equipment next!!

I left the seeds in. The SuperKleer took care of em!

That sounds awesome!
I think I'd have to serve it in a salt rimmed glass though :D

How's the color? Did it pick up a green hew from the peppers and limes?

That sounds awesome!
I think I'd have to serve it in a salt rimmed glass though :D

How's the color? Did it pick up a green hew from the peppers and limes?

Not really, it looks almost like a chardonnay

Oh wow that sounds super fun! Do you have any pics of the final batch?

here is a glass of the small amount I had that I couldnt bottle.

383545_10152114228295314_1962296829_n.jpg

Back