Apple Help Plz

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

afarmersgirl

Reaction score
Hello, Im fairly new at this (having only dabbled in elderberry & mulberry). I have a ton of apples going to the birds & would very much like to try using them. If anyone can give me some recipes & general directions it would be much appreciated.

I have a wonderful crabapple recipe posted (under "recipes" in the tool bar or under my avatar), and you could use other apples very easily. I used a mix of wild apples the last time, with great results. You don't want to use sweeter "eating apples", or at least not many, as you want the tarter "cooking apples".

Thanks so much, checked out your recipe & am def going to use it ~ yaaay, I'm so excited. They are my momma's canning/cooking apples...she says shes tired of putting up apples this year.
Was wondering: she has frozen gallons of the juice could that be used also?

Thanks so much, checked out your recipe & am def going to use it ~ yaaay, I'm so excited. They are my momma's canning/cooking apples...she says shes tired of putting up apples this year.
Was wondering: she has frozen gallons of the juice could that be used also?

Oh, yes, good juice makes great wine! I have an "apple wine" recipe posted that uses juice. It's pretty quick, and definitely easy, and make a wonderful white wine with apple notes.

I got one going right now, I think its going to turn out pretty nice.

I'm doing one with fruit & one with juice ~ I'm So excited. Please let me know how it turns out.

Back