Keg Turntable (plus video!)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I wanted to make several keggles at once, so I devised a turntable that allows me to cut the tops very efficiently. Here are the pics:

4688-turntable_base.JPG

4688-turntable_side.JPG

4688-turntable_top.JPG

Here's the jig for the plasma cutter:

4688-turntable_setup.JPG

4688-turntable_setup2.JPG

And the results:

4688-turntable_results.JPG

I'm down to one minute for each keg top! The cut is pretty accurate, as well. Here's a YouTube video of the rig in action:

(let me know if the video is screwed up...it's not playing right on my computer)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so completely disapointed in you Yuri! I can't believe that you didn't motorize that turntable and sycronize its movement with the cutting rate of the plasma cutter. ;)

Very nice work as usual!:mug:

johnsma22 said:
I'm so completely disapointed in you Yuri! I can't believe that you didn't motorize that turntable and sycronize its movement with the cutting rate of the plasma cutter.
Future improvement - note the single leg that is a bit taller so that I can mount a motor and bracket there...

Fortunately, that keggle he's converting will soon be on it's way to me :rockin:

98EXL said:
how do we get a keggle made by Yuri?

Good timing and negotiation skills, along with a LOT of homebrew samples :)

No really we were both in chat one night and he mentioned that he acquired 4 kegs that he was going to convert. I asked if he'd be interested in selling one, and he was. :ban:

Back